UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i recently got myself a podi boost gauge but im having trouble with where i need to tap into a pipe, only pics i can find are on a4 mods and arent exactly clear on where to tap into. am i right in thinking its the small black pipe that comes under the intake manifold and connects right at the front of it? help would definately be appreciated

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Ive never fitted one before either. Does it tap into the turbo to intercooler pipe?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think ive figured it out, it taps into a small vacuum pipe that runs under the intake manifold and loops back on its self and connects to the intake manifold, or if ive got this completely wrong can someone please tell me b4 i balls everything up

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
normally they should peak at about 12 i think, hoping after a bit of engine work to get it a bit higher though

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
How are you going to fix it in the cabin? I'd like a oil temp guage and boost guage but I would want it very subtle.....maybe down by the ashtray?? in that space under the heater controls. I'd want the guages to look nice too........hmmmm. How much does the guages cost?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the podi gauges come with anew top steering wheel cowling so they look factory fitted. Mine cost 70 quid including postage but depends what gauge you go for, they do some really nice ones that are digital so you can have numerous gauges all in one. Website is podi.ca

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey mate, love it! I've been looking at these too - I opted for a VI monitor so I could get my BHP and engine fault codes but after seeing yours I may get one of these as well now! Did you get yours from Canada?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Glad i just found this! I have the same thing but bought from awesome. Hitman could you do me a massive favour? Could you post pics of where you tapped into to get a boost reading?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts