19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Pipercross have been developing a new kit using my S3 over the
last few weeks. I have to save they have been awesome, keeping me
updated constantly with progress and have shown me a different side. I
always thought they were for the chav in us, but they really have
changed that.

A subtle kit, that to be honest hardly looks out of place at all. Well
manufactured with good quality materials! and I'm not just saying this!
Honestly Mucho impressed!

Below is graph and images of the new kit! :)

It doesn't give massive changes due to the limited ECU, once it's
remapped the kit should come into its own yet again so will be
interesting to see the next step.

But I can't not rate it, it gives an awesome edge to the car, one I
felt it really needed, and adds that little more to the noise with out
being in your face or over the top!!

Definately Recommended!!!!!!

Oh I should make it clear that is 1st kit v 2nd kit... as they had to make a few changes... it was rolling roaded at 261bhp... and there for a gain to 283bhp!

Sam xxx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically, they made 3 kits in total, one a standard cone filter and then the venom one, but the first venom there was issues with the pipe from the cone to the front of the car, as the turbo spooled up the suction through the pipe made the pipe collapse, restricting the airflow, they therefore had to change the design... and the graph shown is the comparison between the older venom and the new venom now on the car.

as for 35nm thats correct, i was there when they ran it, i was rather shocked too to be honest, but then they say the 2ltrs are rather tuneable, more in torque than anything else as the ecu controls the amount of air flow into the engine, if the air flow is better it basically doesnt work so hard, usually working at only 80% it will work at less as it's not such an effort, but then changes as the turbo draws.

Anyhow hoping to be a better increase when the car is remapped and the ecu doesn't limit the amount of power/torque etc that can be gained.

Was very interesting, got a tour round superchips and a chat about all the things thats taken into account during runs etc. the air was less dense today in relation to the day that it was originally tested.

Still awaiting the graph to show the difference between standard airbox and the venom, so will post that up when I get it.

If anyone is interested in a Pipercross I can put you in contact with the guys. xx

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Thanks. It makes sense now. Superchips have been great to me in the last few years, I'll be popping back when the new car comes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi s3duh, a few question on your intake if you dont mind.. Have you spotted any ill effects of the dump valve return being deleted during normal driving?

Do you know what is the diameter of the pipe at MAF location? Is it the area about the same as standard piping?

And have you noticed any difference in MPG after changing the intake?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hullo all,

I would also like to know the crossection area of the pipework around the maf! Anyone know yet? Google doesn't show any info?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts