UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Ouch that must of been a really bad day! I wonder is that a design flaw with the pump - ive heard of bearings going but never that bad so that it would break the tensioner!

The 2.7 bi can take some serious upgrades.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did wonder that myself [:cool:]

I thought it could take a lot more of a punishing than that - it's kinda put me off looking at one now [:(]

I'm pretty good at blowing stuff up and don't fancy having a huuuuuuuuge bill for something like that.

Hayley

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
cos that wouldnt be like blowing something normal up!!!!!

Im the opposite ive never blown or broke anything really....u watch tomorrow i will blow a few things!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ouch!

That is one of the reasons (apart from just regular running costs!) that puts me off the S4's. You can get them for a bargain now, but when they go wrong, they really go wrong! Secondary water pumps are another pain, they are located just above the "V" so get subjected to massive heat, and over time become brittle. Thats a good £500 job in itself IIRC. However they are amazing cars for their money now.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
A neighbour of mine has a lovely version remapped and jobs done upto 380bhp! A leathal weapon! Weekend car of course

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yeah i know its not possible to get that kind of bhp from just a remap. He got turbos from the RS4!!!!!! [au]

I must quiz him more on where he got the work done and actually how much RS4 stuff had to be used!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts