1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking of doing a lamp upgrade and the above look good

ie the head lights with H7 / H4 / & Side lights

Just wondered if anyone has used these ones before

as they seem to be a lot whiter and didnt want the extra whiteness making it worse as this can happen when the light doesnt cut though hence making vision worse

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Hmm, seem to remember MikeTDI fitted those to his A3 and was really impressed with them although I've not tried them myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i nearly bought a HID kit but was put way off after reading about how xenon bulbs in normal headlamps gives an awful beam pattern. In order for HID kits to work properly they need to be in projector headlamps. Not only that but ive been reading that they regularly blow the wiper motor, and its illegal to fit aftermarket HIDs. Osram nightbreakers are superb.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Didn't mind then, Mike? [;)]

I think the legality of aftermarket xenons is arguable. OEM xenons must have auto-levelling and headlight washers. There's debate as to whether aftermarket xenons must have these also.

They do need projectors though otherwise the beam pattern is poor and you're likely to blind other road users.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
No probs. Just didn't want to be posting your car pics without asking! To be honest I only expected a reply if it was a no. [Y]

Dave.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blimey looking at the pic's of how dif they are , i tink i shall order them as i wanted some feed back before i bought them

i just found a store on ebay that doing them cheaper than anywhere on the net

with regards to hid's i wont be getting them , as its a lot of messing about to fit them and its not a standard fit so would have to move some bits about ,

dont get me wrong they are very good with regards to brightness ,

but i can't stand it when ya head on facing a car with them fitted to the point ya need sunglasses , and dont wana blind on coming traffic

that's one of my pet hates , not being able to see due to being blinded [:|]

Edit

Ebay Link to best prices on them

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Not that it makes a big difference but just to point out the if you buy from Powerbulbs Direct they state:

"Important information about this listing. Please only purchase if you accept these terms.
  • This item may be a customer return or overstock product. If
    this is the case we qualify that the item is functional but there may
    be superficial markings to the packaging.
  • No returns are
    accepted so please ensure you purchase the correct fitting - you can
    check this in your vehicle handbook. We cannot exchange any incorrect
    fitting products."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i finaly Got mine

ordered them the other day , i bought 2 sets of H7 and a set of blue vision side light lamps

bargin price of £37 delivered

Fitted them tonight and what a diffrence ........................def worth doing

but what a pain to do them , not much room to get ya fingers in there

2 hours later and all done , high beam done , main beam done , side lights done

fingers sore , knuckles missing skin , and only swore about 20 times lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
[quote user="nosaj"]

but what a pain to do them , not much room to get ya fingers in there

2 hours later and all done , high beam done , main beam done , side lights done

fingers sore , knuckles missing skin , and only swore about 20 times lol

[/quote]

It's days like that when you need Shiuming and a good curry house to bribe him with... [;)]

But yes pics required chap!

C

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm not convinced on these I have to say. They weren't as good as I thought they were going to be. I had HID's on the Bolf for 2 1/2yrs and never had any problems - MoT was fine, beam was ok, no flashed from other drivers. I think I was expecting these osram ones to be on a par with them.

I think I may have to get HID's for the A4. Would prefer OEM, but odds are they'll be £££!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts