UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's my birthday today and my folks have given me a nice chunk of cash! My initial reaction is to spunk it on a remap but what would other owners suggestions be in order of importance? ARB, suspension brakes etc?

All advice appreciated.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
A few things i would suggest....

That the standard clutch might not last too long if you are going to add 45 bhp and more torques. So thats something to consider because its best to budget for it.

If you are planning to change the exhaust or air filter, it could be best to do them before the remap.

Brake upgrade will be ness if you are going to hammer it around with new power. But again prob best to do before the map.

·
Registered
607 Posts
id say exhaust and remap if it was a big chunk of cash or if it was slightly too small get exhaust first then wait for remap! or exhaust and BIG dump valve(if its petrolT) if its petrol the clutch can be done fairly cheap so could do clutch and remap whatever you want really if you want go then remap clutch and decat pipe. or noise exhaust dv maybe big ass induction kit? which way you wanna go? lowering kit so many things to buy so little birthdays [:(] im counting down to xmas now lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
One Question, and you can expect a barrage of answers, all well meant, and as I could see, informative as well.I can only tell you what my modus operandi always is, and it really is slow and at times frustrating.

Firstly try to make the lump as perfect as possible: balancing, porting, gasflow..clutch and damper upgrade, upgrade airflow from intake to exhaust.

THEN start playing, working from a base that is as balanced and good asw you could wish for. Most important, however: ENJOY!![8-|]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote user="davelincs"]

have you made your mind up yet zonda?

still waiting to see the list in order

[/quote]

Going for an induction kit first, just trying to weigh up which is best at the mo.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="boxxer1973"]

i went for map on my S3 now in need of a clutch grrrrr

[/quote]

Everyone should get warned that a remap will reduce the clutch life, sometimes imeadiate death!!! Are you going to go for a sachs performance clutch? When mine goes i will be going that route.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="boxxer1973"]

just spoke to MRC and they reckon a std genuine clutch will be well up for the job

[/quote]

It will be fine, it just wont last as long as a performance clutch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts