UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking through the forum...273 members have posted but there are 887 members. Why is that ? Why join and remain silent ?

We need to start getting people to post more me thinks...

Newbies - say hello [blah] if you want...just let us know you're alive [Y]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can't look at the classifieds - but I cant imagine that 70% of people that sign up just do it to see what we have for sale...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Maybe they join if they have a problem then they just get it fixed elsewhere, or just randomly sign up to a few Audi websites...

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Perhaps it's members that signed up a while ago whilst the site was in its infancy and was really quiet and they've now stopped visiting(?).

It'd be interesting to see how many of those 887 members are regularly visiting.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
If you check in the evenings sometimes, there are a few members online and sometimes 10-12 guests. Suppose they googled for info

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]

Tabs hasn't even been on since last Wednesday !
Dave, mutiny !

[/quote]

Careful, he'll have you hung, drawn and quartered for those sorts of comments!! [hunter]

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm usually around, I try to make an appearance..... [;)]

I know i'm only a girlie.....BUT I do have a nice car.....vroom vroom lol [:D]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We know you, Kate, don't worry ! Ps - your signature is too long. Can you amend it please or Dave will get upset and ball like a girl.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I have been on other forums were the same thing happens,someone joins asks a few questions about there problems ,get the answers, then dont bother anymore,its a shame really as we have a friendly site, a bit of banter, and members who know audis inside out

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree and that's fair enough. But go to the members list and look at the
number that sign up and never post. It's weird. I would read a forum and if I thought it seemed a good place, sign up. And post. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have stats but I'd like to encourage the readers to post as well. This place is cool, like the sister site was 4 years back - lots of banter and a friendlier place for it IMO

·
Registered
265 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]We know you, Kate, don't worry ! Ps - your signature is too long. Can you amend it please or Dave will get upset and ball like a girl.

[/quote]

Not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not lol - is my sig better now I would hate to think I would make someone cry [;)]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hehe ! I just meant we've known each other a long time! Yep, the sig is great now - thanks very much

·
Registered
265 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]Hehe ! I just meant we've known each other a long time! Yep, the sig is great now - thanks very much

[/quote]

[:D][:D]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts