UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Still having trouble with an accident that happpened in april, I was stationary and a van reversed into me but they will not admit blame.

It clearly wasn't my fault and even their insurance company don't believe the story they have told (and I also have an independant witness).

This isn't the problem, now my insurance is up for renewal and I am unsure what to tell my new insurer or whether to mention it at all (my renewal from admiral came through at £2100! and I am currently paying £1400 and am obviously not claiming from them so can't understand where the increase is coming from?)

Might just be cheaper to drive with no cover as all the scumbags seem to get away with it[:mad:]

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
tell them about it, if they find out you could end up having no insurance even though you have payed them, i am sure insuance companys have a data base

·
Registered
926 Posts
Your insurers (whoever you go to) will already know what you're supposed to be telling them when they ask you the question "Have you had any accidents or claims in the last 3 years?", so not telling them will just put a marker against your name that in the event of a claim they can refuse to pay out. That's after they've increased your premium due to you having a claim that you didn't tell them about.

What you can do is pay the increased premium on the provision that when the claim is finally settled in your favour they refund the extras they've added because of it. Or you could claim the increase from the other parties insurance when (if) they settle the claim. If you have legal cover, use that to pursue the other party for "uninsured losses".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts