UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone read the above thread?

Basically, a guy sold his S3 a few weeks ago and replaced it with a 59 plate Q5. One night last week, his wife's feeding their baby in the middle of the night and hears voices, she wakes him up and they hear his Q5 being driven off.

Being a new car, he can't remember the reg plate so goes to get his insurance documents......the policy expired a few hours earlier! Because he pays annually, it hasn't automatically renewed.

Bye bye £37k. Poor bloke.

What utter scumbags. Apparently the police told him that an hour earlier, they'd also nicked an S3 near to him. They couldn't find the keys so held a gun to the head of the guy's wife until he found them. [:S]

Beggars belief. What kind of world are we becoming?

The thread.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Was there no reminder from the insurers that the policy was about to expire ? Usually they're like a butchers dog and don't simply assume that you're not going to renew...

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, don't know about that. Strange if he didn't.

I bet he's kicking himself now though. I feel really sorry for the guy. At least the intruders didn't go upstairs though - he has a baby in the house.

·
Registered
171 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]Was there no reminder from the insurers that the policy was about to expire ? Usually they're like a butchers dog and don't simply assume that you're not going to renew...

[/quote]

If you mention your Q5's been nicked, they will straight away assume that! Insurance people always will try to find a way out :-/

·
Registered
607 Posts
shocking! could have been alot worse though tbh! must admit i always say if they arent armed(guns) they have to be a big hard b##turd to take my keys and car. but with the wife and kids here now i think id let them have it!! puts you off having a nice motor sat on your drive. im off to buy a ford!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
He happens to be a friend of mine and lives down the road - its shame and am gutted for him.

He's a real nice guy too :(

·
Registered
496 Posts
Nope :(

His last post:

Just a quick update.

The insurance company are having non of it , and on paper i can see why.

I pay the premium £540 from the date mine expired.

Insurance pay me £37000 for replacement car.

They simply said, that as of date and more specifically time of car being taken i was not insured , if i had been paying monthly and i had a direct debit i may have had an argument. But as i had paid for a year , the policy started and ended.

Personally i think they must be over the moon not having to pay out £37000 lets face it if it was my company so would I.

I would rather not say where i live as i am so nervous about this kind of theft happening.

I would hope that they find their targets by simply driving around looking for them , but i am convinced they use a different source , be it forums or car dealer staff or even insurance companies.

We now have cctv linked to a security company on the outside of the house and the most ridicules alarm upgrade, red care panic buttons the works. My neighbour down the lane was telling me the other day that he has lived here for 30 years and its only the 8th burglary.

The problem is the cars now days, it's such an easy earner for them all they need are the keys and they are off even if they get 10 grand for it. Its One thing to sell , that they will have a contact for , not like the old days where they have to go routing round the house for bits and pieces and selling them off leaving trails for each piece sold.

Brake in find keys , or brake in threaten owners take keys , leave ..sell car to contact and gone.

Its f**king depressing that we work hard buy nice things and some body comes into our homes and takes them.

I have lost my faith in society and human kind

Well for today anyway.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and wishes ,

PS: any one have a gun for sale ?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man alive.......thats depressing. Thats one hell of a lot of money to replace. You can't blame the insurance company, like he says. I wonder whether he could try the motor insurance bureau? Isn't there a compensation scheme for victims of crime?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So relieved for the guy - his car has been found in Liverpool. On his post, it says there's some minor damage but at least he's got it back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts