UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just recently got a A3 TDi Sport 140 with a DSG box. Wow what a motor. Just had a re-map.

I 'm a panel beater by trade and dabble in mechanics. I have a problem with the r/f door when open doesn't come up on the info display. I've used my vag code/reset tool and can't communicate with central locking system and a fault comes up for the door powedr module none responsive/no communication. Is it common for the wires to break which i think it could be or is the module shot? i've pulled the door apart and every thing seams in place. also the two alarm buttons are in-op as well.

Also, did these models come with a proper tow bar electric plug in the loom ready to wire in the electrics, mines got one fitted but the cowboys have used scotch locks on the rear lamp loom and i want to turn in to a proper fix.

Could someone also point me in the direction of installing rns-e system with ipod dock and the list of items needed to carry out this mod. and what other stuff needed to get tv and play dvd's to other tvunits.

Hope you nic e people can help!!

Jim

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I had similar problems with mine. The wiring was split in a few places, he loom that goes from the A pillar round inside the structure of the door had perished. It was 4 wires and Audi wanted ?70 so I just ran and covered 4 electrical wires instead and it works perfectly. The module could be gone, but they are pricy and non returnable. I'd take all the wiring out to be honest. Also inside the car, at the A pillar, that same wiring loom clips into a socket which can get corroded and yucky!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks, I'll pull the door to piece again. It is under warranty but i don't trust the garage i bought it from after i found out they hadn't serviced it properly.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep I garantee it's the wiring there that's corroded and or split. Hope it's the fix!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts