UK Audi Forum banner

new turbo

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  gavnayshgttdi115 
#1 ·
my turbos on the way out ive been told by my remappers and my warrentry people have told me that it's covered so amd wondering which to go for.

a standard turbo is good for 180 bhp so ive been told

whats a hybrid good for ???

#4 ·
If you send your 130 turbo to turbo dynamics I think it's around ? 595 to get it hybrid. But to make the best use you would need a fmic, exhaust system and a remap- suppose the forge fmic is ?500, miltek ?600 and remap ?300. then there's the fitting.

You should see 165-175 on a good remap, and normally 220 with hybrid and bits. I doubt you would see 180bhp without a exhaust and fmic to keep temps down

#6 ·
The one you hand them has to be in real good Nick, if you get a new one on warranty you could hybrid that. Just want you to know that if you hybrid that there is alot of work to do with the rest of upgrades. Clutch too which is pricy

#7 ·
due to the fact that fitting a hybrid turbo would more than likely distroy my flwheel and clutch which is only 2 years old i am thinking about a standard replacement as will still be good fo 170 - 180 bhp could any body say weather this may still destroy my clutch and flywheel ?

also whats the price to convert to a single mass flywheel and cluth uprated ?

#8 ·
The flywheel will be ok with both amounts of torque. For best results a smf has to last longer but they are very noisy. Clutch will start to slip sooner, for clutch and flywheel life don't hammer it under 2-2.3k. Best option on a clutch is a sachs. I'd tell he tuner that you want a smooth power map for the life of the clutch

#10 ·
oh ok sounds gud

so keep flywheel and uprate the clutch...

how do you test the flywheel to make sure its ok ?

i do get a judder when cold on tick over which goes once warm or when you turn the tick over up so i think flywheel is ok ?

i am getting injectors and injector timing and cam lobes checked next week ..

cam timing is 0.5 so thats ok .

#11 ·
hi i have had to replace my turbo and intercooler and think it mite be due to the re-map. i have noticed the slipping clutch at various times and im worried the clutch and flywheel may be at risk. there are only 45k on the clock and it was only re-mapped a few months ago. any advice on this?

#18 ·
Well me turbos back from getting reconed and ready to go on - warrenty company paid for that.

also got a new flywheel and clutch ready to go on - just got to get the garage to remove the box and contact warrenty company so hopefully they will pay for that as well...

also putting a new starter motor on due to milage of car...

and got some genuine s3 wheels 18" to put on.....

#19 ·
mines been remapped for a year nearly, when i had it done i asked for a useable power that could take being given some most days without killing anything. now 10k miles on i havent had any trouble with anything like turbo clutch etc so i think he got the mix just right. he told me to expect 17-180bhp when rr which i STILL havent got round to doing[:(]. must get it done so i can give figures, all i know is its very torquey and goes like stink!! but to go hybrid you need alot more than clutch! its all the pipework upgrades etc that are unexpected expense, im looking into better handling atm if i can get it handling like a go kart im not bothering with hybrid, unless i blow the standard one eventually!!! which warranty company you with might get them on mine if they cover it with mods!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.