UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning is the one... Having had the little cardboard box sat on the side for 10 days, this morning (in about half an hour actually) the car will be popping into Big Boys Toys (You may know it as AMD Essex, but it'll always be BBT to me I'm afraid, sorry Shaun and co!) for a little servicing and fitment.

I was quite excited when it arrived from the TT shop... [:D]

So what is it...

The big box:

The little box (way more obvious now!):

The controller:

Haldex! :

So yes - one sports haldex controller, to get more power available at the backend and a little more quattro than squattro [;)]

Anyway it's taken me that long to get the pics off the camera from about half hour ago I need to shift off... Initial thoughts later when I get home [y]

C

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Raah, popsicles on sticks can you tell the difference!

Most noticeable things:

• The power balance between front and rear is noticeably better
  • I can feel the car's arse squat and push better
  • I can go faster round roundabouts (v v noticeable!)

It's also taken the edge off the ESP that I complained about after Castle Combe earlier in the year. The mk4 ESP compared to mk5 (in dub terms sorry!) has always been more intrusive - and at Combe for session 3 of my track day I ended up turning the damn thing off as it was taking 1sec+ to recover from hard turns before delivering the power I needed (and Mike @ VW Speed kept catching me up as a result [;)] ). Now it APPEARS that the ESP is having to do less work because of the better power balance and therefore traction - so it's not intruding so much and seemed to respond quicker on the exits...

The ring will tell in 2 weeks mind, oh yes... [:D]

C

PS - great helpful service from Shaun today at BBT too - thanks chap [y]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mint!,

After my first trip to the ring I had my heart set on a big BHP TT with a sports hadlex. Should be megga fun in the wet now!

Roll on the ring................. [:)]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup I'd like a mix of dry and wet whilst we're out there chap I'm tellin you [:D]

Having done the ring in the wet, that doesn't put me off even if it is in a different car [y]

C

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi mate , it certainly does make a diffrence Dont it [:)]

one other thing ya will prob notice is that ya dont have to drop a cog to overtake on motorways , as it produces bag's more Torque

one of the best mods i did , and i am sure you will agree its worth every penny

Enjoy ...............................

I miss the v6 4mo lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
[quote user="CkB"]

Yup I'd like a mix of dry and wet whilst we're out there chap I'm tellin you

Having done the ring in the wet, that doesn't put me off even if it is in a different car

C

[/quote] Although its best all round to be at the ring when the sun is cracking the flags, I love it in the wet because you find a lot of the big boys and nutters don't bother going out, leaving room to concentrate on the road ahead for a change lol. Plus bags more space to play.

Id bet a weeks wage that it rains non stop when were there in two weeks time though!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if OEM Parts have got the stock in, if not you've got Awesome (see post above!), Big Boys Toys (now AMD Teknik), and I think they get shipped out from the TT shop but don't hold me to that [y]

They are not cheap - but it does make a marked difference to the drive...

Pablos - you're damn right there chap, amazing stuff :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote user="SteveyD"]

Although its best all round to be at the ring when the sun is cracking the flags, I love it in the wet because you find a lot of the big boys and nutters don't bother going out, leaving room to concentrate on the road ahead for a change lol. Plus bags more space to play.

[/quote]

Coudn't have put it better myself chap!

C

·
Registered
219 Posts
[quote user="CkB"]

[quote user="SteveyD"]

Although its best all round to be at the ring when the sun is cracking the flags, I love it in the wet because you find a lot of the big boys and nutters don't bother going out, leaving room to concentrate on the road ahead for a change lol. Plus bags more space to play.

[/quote]

Coudn't have put it better myself chap!

C

[/quote]

this time next week.......................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts