UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, with a look over Vodafones site, I've come across the Blackberry Pearl 3G. >>> Link <<<.

Any thoughts on this? Ticks a lot of boxes, more than anything else really, seeing as how it doesn't have a bloody touch screen to annoy me.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I can't get on with them at all. I like to feel a button under my thumb so I know when I'm touching the right place. Touch screen needs to be constantly looked at to keep on track, where as I can end a call, lock the phone, turn bluetooth on and off dead easy with my Nokia button phone, without looking at it.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Yes, they can be a bit frustrating at times. Haven't used the Blackberry you're looking at but it seemed to be getting good reviews on the Vodafone site.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Aye, but it would on the vodafone website lol,

I want try an android phone, just not got round to it yt, I use an old nokia now, a good old fassion text and ring nothing fancy.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote user="jjoe90"]

From what I hear, Samsung Galaxy S's are suppose to be the bee's knees

[/quote]

Ooh, does it have buttons? [*-)]

·
Registered
187 Posts
i think you know it doesn't lol, but still suppose to be good,

I also like the feel of a button, I had the samsung tocco, and went back to an old nokia, for the button feel.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote user="jjoe90"]

i think you know it doesn't lol, but still suppose to be good,

[/quote]

[:p]

Yep, gotta be buttons for me.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
ive been use a blackberry for a few years now, the pearl could well be my next phone, although i have got used to the qwerty keypad

if you like it rusty you get one

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it's gonna be the first time I've strayed from Nokia since I tried Virgin Mobile for about a month with a Phillips phone. Virgin were terrible, and the Phillips phone was even worse. Apart from that I've only ever had Nokia. Wifey's had all sorts of different stuff and always has problems with it. She gets a phone that looks nice though rather than getting a phone which works. Usually it's a Samsung, although this time she's going for an HTC Desire.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was pondering to go with HTC, but the nokia simplicity over came me.

Women do seem to go for fancy phones more I think, Then spend the rest of the 18 months figuring out how to work,

" ohhh its got a camera"

yeah love it had that 17 months ago, what phone do you want next time, durrhhhhh

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I got my wife a Samsung a while back ( she wanted it as it was pink ! ). She hated it. Reverted back to Nokia within weeks for pure simplicity like Joe says

She cant understand why i like my IP4 so much but its so handy for work, its great ( but expensive if you have to buy it of course ! )

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
HTC desire is an amazing phone if you want that kind of phone,i am available for an upgrade but 02 cant understand i want a phone with a camera nothing more no-less i dont care about all the other stuff as i dont need it as i have come this far through life without it upto now,i work on computers then i get home and use my laptop i dont need to be on a computer or something that does all the same functions any time i am not doing the above infact i hate now how people just sit there messing about with them when out in pubs etc,i was a nokia man because they were bomb + fool proof but last time round got sony ericsson c902 now just on about the c903 as they are the same as sonys but with out the system errors a lot of the N series nokia's used to have problems with for the first few years of every phone

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, that's about it. I want a phone to male and receive calls, with a decent camera, and the option for toys if I want to use it. Chances are I wont but if I do then that's what I want. Unfortunately every time I go near a phone shop (just for a laught I do it occasionally) they all try and force the feckin iPhone on me. When that doesn't work they move onto the "This one is a good phone, and has all the features the iPhone has but runs ..." and they try and sell me something that isn't an iPhone. Mention wanting an actual keypad and you'd think I'd grown another head on my left shoulder.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a company phone and we used to have Nokias all the time. I have had them all in the past 13 years !

We switched to blackberry pearls around 2 years ago and TBH they knock the Nokia into next week.

Great for e mails for work and private emails and it works with BTooth very well indeed. Even syncs with the phone book int he Audi and displays all the names and numbers in the DIS.

Trust me you wont look back !

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That sounds like a good review. Although the Pearl 3G has just come out, so you must be using the original Pearl are you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes

It isnt a 3g model. TBH I have no idea what 3g does. I can surf the web on it pretty quickly if that makes a difference.

As a business phone they are truly superb. I can make an appointment in my calendar on the phone and it auto syncs with outlook on the laptop and vice versa.

I would be lost without it !

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3G is the 3rd generation of mobile phone technology, and supposedly gives a big improvement in speed over 2G. Or something like that. [:S]

All in all I reckon it's the one I'm gonna get.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, sent an email off to Vodafone asking them to terminate my two
contracts. Got an email back saying someone would contact me to discuss
my request. And this afternoon I got a call from Ben. He asked why I
wanted to leave so I told him, the best deal I could get in the Vodafone
shop was 18 months £40 per month for the HTC desire, and 18 months £40
per month for the Blackberry Pearl 3G. Whereas if I went next door to
Phones4u I could get the same deal much cheaper as a new Vodafone
customer. Why should I stay with them?

So he did a bit of
fiddling and upshot is I now have a new Blackberry Pearl 3g, 12 month
contract, 600 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet, £35 per
month, and a new HTC Desire, 12 month contract, 600 minutes, unlimited
texts, unlimited internet, £31 per month. [<:eek:)]

Who says there's no such thing as 12 month contracts any more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts