UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member just logged in for the first time, just a few lines to introduce myself

<o:p> </o:p>

My name is Maurice

I am 54 years old X Mechanic

I have had several Audi's` over the years, as in from now, to then,

A4 TDI 1900cc PD 2000 SALOON

A4 1800cc 1998 SALOON (parked up due to driver side swiping me)

A4 1800cc 1996 SALOON

VW POLO 1900cc TD 1999

AUDI 80 1800cc SPORT MKII 1984 FROM 1990 TILL 2007

AUDI 90 2226cc QUATTRO MKII 1986

AUDI 80 MKI 1600cc DIESEL

AUDI 90 MKIII 2226cc QUATTRO

AUDI QUATTRO COUPE 2226cc 1986

AUDI 80 CD 2000cc 1984

AUDI 80 GL 1600cc

That is just the ones I can remember just now, I also remember all the strong points and the not so strong, so if you want to know anything about these models just ask.

All the best

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The model that I had the most fun with was my Audi Quattro coupe fitted with the 2226cc KV engine.

To this day I would say that it was one of the best, although there are certain facts to be considered as in, it was built in the 80`s so there was no electronics to speak of, I mean to say anti lock brakes new at that time, (which used to give a lot of problems so you had to switch it off)

Some of the great parts of that model was they were a lot lighter than the markIII, by a whopping 77 K/Grams, both diff lock were manually controlled so once you knew what they were about what fun you could have.

It was extremely reliable, basically you serviced the car and that was all you had to do.

There is more although I would not like to bore with the details.

Thanks for asking

Maurice <o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hi maurice welcome along!

What are you working at/ driving at the moment

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hi KENDALL !! Nice to have another new member along because i am getting bored with these lot [:O],nice s election of cars you've had there mate i can see you getting pestered for your technical knowledge over time.How come you had that many audi's ? did you used to work for a dealer or just liked your audi's?

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
nah, sorry - rubbish attempt at owning Audis, make an effort ! [:D]

You've probably owned more Audis than the regulars on here put together - welcome along [Y]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum Maurice. Good to have you on board.

That's a nice s election of Audis. [Y] Any pics of the past and present motors?

Dave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts