UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just thought i would pop a few questions in here seeing as i'm just about to start looking for an audi.

Been a member on the sister site since owning my mk4 pd130 although not a very actice one, more of a reader really.

I think i'm looking at spending around the 10k mark give or take, also depends what i get for my golf.to achieve the £10k budget

What i will be looking for is at least an A4 Avant s line diesel of some description with a few extras if possible.

As i know nothing about audis, am i being realistic in terms of getting a B7 for that money and also what engine would be the prefered choice as there seems to be a few models out there.

Sorry if these seem silly questions

Thanks

Andy

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome over! I'd say that a B7 avant s-line would be over budget unless you're looking at high milers. Best thing to do is to have a gander on autotrader and the like.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Just under ?11k for a 55 plate with 1/2
Leather and parking on 38k. Or under ?9k for a 2.0T quattro on 86k. There's definately cars out there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Damian/Dave

I have had a quick look at autotrader, just wanted to get the general consenses on whether i should be looking at the B7.

I def don't want a high miler, around the 50k mark really, maybe i'm asking too much.

Is the B7 better than the late B6's or are they pretty much the same, also i really wanted the one piece grill rather than the split one.

Trying to convince the missus that spending £10k on an audi that could be upto 5 years old is hard work when she keeps coming back with you can get some other brands nearly new for that money.

I will win lol.

Andy

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
try convincing her she doesn't need to replace her car with a new one, losing, spending ?27k only to be told 20 months later she doesn't like it, telling her you told her so, losing and then losing ?10k

I've had a b7 - very nice to drive bit the boot isn't great. It's deep but not very wide

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]Just under £11k for a 55 plate with 1/2 Leather and parking on 38k. Or under £9k for a 2.0T quattro on 86k. There's definately cars out there

[/quote]

Perhaps i need to widen my search as i only look at cars within 20 mile radius.

That's the sort of thing i'm looking for damian, it is possible then if you look hard.

Although as dave says maybe a B6 in mint condition would be the better option.

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]

try convincing her she doesn't need to replace her car with a new one, losing, spending £27k only to be told 20 months later she doesn't like it, telling her you told her so, losing and then losing £10k

I've had a b7 - very nice to drive bit the boot isn't great. It's deep but not very wide

[/quote]

Ouch, that's alot to lose in such a short time.

It's the boot space i need for my next car, as i started camping this year and trying to get all the gear in the golf is a right pain, even comical at times.

Would you say it's about 50% bigger than the mk4

Andy

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
No. When the tonneau cover is back, it looks big but the really is different IMO. The mk5 has much more useable space - or even the a3 ( which is internally bigger than the a4 )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]That was a private sale in Bristol on PH...maybe too far for you ?

[/quote]

Hmmm bit far yes.

I always worry about buying privately with no comeback if something goes wrong, although i realise they are cheaper to buy over car dealers

I'll keep looking, was there a prefered diesel engine in either a B6 or 7 as i read a thing or two about this tdi tdv, something like that anyway

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts