UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just thought I'd introduce myself to all you forum members. I picked up my brand new A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro S-Line Special Edition (deep breath!) last week. It's Misano Red, has the black full Milano leather interior, privacy glass, 19" alloys, AMI, B&O Audio and loads of other goodies!. I must say it's stunning and I'm totally delighted with it. I also took out the full maintenance/tyre plan as well so I'm looking forward to trouble free motoring for a long time to come!

Cheers
Peter

http://xflive.uk-audis.net/photos/a4_quattro_bck/picture16693.aspx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Pete, It looks very swish I must say!! I would be interested to know how much Audi want to charge you for the Maintenance/Tyre plan? I had one of those with My Golf Gti Ed 30 and it was £25pcm which I snapped up but Audi want £47 for my new S3, I have done the maths and it doesn't work out for me.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dave

I don't usually go for the maintenance plans I must say but when the salesman quoted me just £37pcm I couldn't refuse. The plan includes so much other stuff like brakes, oil, suspension, AC, ICE and even windscreen wipers and obviously all servicing, when I quickly added it all up it made sense. I mean the 255/35/19 tyres alone would set you back at least £800 a set.

I did consider going for the S4 as it was only about £1500 more but I wanted economy as well. I didn't get figures for the maintenance plan for that one. Maybe the S3, S4 models are higher for good reason.

Peter

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.

The motor looks bloomin' gorgeous. How are you finding the 170 TDI? It's a pokey unit, isn't it? Yours will be the CR engine so it's much more refined that my PD.

What was the previous car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest I'm being a good boy for once and running the engine in slowly and carefully. It only has about 270 miles on it so there is still quite a wait before the taps will be opened I'm afraid. I have on the odd occasion pressed down for a couple of seconds on the gas a tiny bit too far (on purpose) and I could feel the car beginning to pick up nicely.....then I slowed down again straight away! This car is a keeper (I think) so I want to do everything right. I haven't even washed it yet which I won't until I receive all the detailer bits and bobs I've ordered to correctly wash it. Snow foam lance, detailer wash, wool wash mitt, microfibre water magnet, grit guards etc.... Swirls are the enemy and all that!

My last cars were a BMW 530d and BMW Z4 which were nice but I was bored with the Z4 and the 530d was beginning to give me a bit of bother so they had to go. The 530d was really rapid though! I'll miss that.

Peter

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Lovely stuff....another car-cleaning freak! Be prepared for the missus and neighbours to think you've lost the plot as you endlessly clean the car!

I've got a few swirls on mine at the moment but hoping for some decent weather to get the polisher out. Sounds like you're doing the right thing though - there's some good items in that list. Enjoy the snow foam....great fun!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Welcome along mate. Nice car!! Remap and it will feel closer to your 530d!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you click on the left hand thumbnail of the three another window opens which gives access to bigger versions. Just below the photo you can choose the size you want to view them in up to the original size I posted (1280 x 960).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts