UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok latest issue with the A3 is that there is a knocking/clunking off the front whenever you move over slightly uneven surface. For example if i simply roll the car over the drain on our drive i hear the knock. Had the car up on the ramps and nothing loose on anti roll bar drop links or such, could it be suspension top mounts of wishbones??

Anything normal to go on these babies??

Cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stevee, any recomendations on ones to go for? Is there a kit on the bay thats any use for this??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Go for genuine bushes mate as alot of the cheaper ones are poor same as in after market bottom arms which seem to be a third of the price because they last a third of the time

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, iv had the same issue,

cost me £££'s to get it fixed in the end plus VW Stealer dint help.

Have a read here

long story short

VW said ARB, fitted noise still there, then 2 new front shocks and top mount bearings, fitted noise still there.

Independent said bearing bracket on lower arm (wishbone) fitted 2 new ones.

Noise gone

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for all the comments, what a nightmare you had with the stealers they are something else eh?

So it turned out to be the wishbone mounts on your motor. Good you got it sorted out though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the anti roll bar bushes is it the ones on the bar attached to the car that are usual to go?? Anyone know the part numbers?

Cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The noise seems to go when you put a slight turn on the steering so could be putting pressure on the anti roll bar so hopefully thats what it is since its cheapest fix. Whats the thoughts??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts