UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just purchased my first Audi <nobr style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0">A3</nobr>. Its a 56 plate 1.9 TDI.
with all the optional extras you could ever want in a car.

I know this is probably a question which is asked a lot. But would love
to know from other owners of there pit falls and problems experienced
during owner ship. I have just changed from a Range <nobr style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif;" id="itxt_nobr_2_0">Rover</nobr>
so am used to electronic systems and all the problems / expense they
need to be kept going. Are these cars really as good as everyone says?

I know this is a depends on how you drive it question, but would be
really interested to hear from current owner fuel consumption figures.

Thanks

Bryan

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Welcome Bryan. I assume it's an older RR you've had ? The newer cars come on leaps and bounds, even 3 or 4 years old and they feel marketedly different to a new
model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I had a 2000 P38 Range Rover. and after engine number 3 finally decided enough was enough. Shame thou. Still moving on I hope to get just as much fun out the new A3. I pick my A3 up on Sat. Cant wait. Its a 2006 model 5 door sport back. With all the toys. :)

Any one know how I get hold of a Audis.net Sticker :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
had the alligator for 6 years now. Very rare. Will eventually get round to finishing it off one day. :) Just sent a PM

Thanks

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome aboard! Cooling fans running endlessly can be a problem with cars, one touch electric windows that roll back down a few inches. You should see around 50 mpg with the 1.9, maybe more. Good choice with the sportback though [;)]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hello mate and welcome to the forum,get some pics up of the car mate

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had the Audi not even a day and love every bit of it. have spent the night reading th book of words and there are so many cleaver things which I would never have found.

I have uploaded some pics [:D]

I have got a few little things. I seam to have engine oil seeping from the oil filler plug on the top of the engine. I have cleaned it up and will keep a eye on it. Might have to change the rubber seal on the filler cap to solve. The only other niggle is the glove box is squeaking like mad. Are there any adjustments on the hinges or is it a matter of turning the radio up.

Other then that I cant fault it.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Nice to hear you're happy with the purchase. I'd take it back to the dealers to have those things put right personally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi All,

Am still [:)] over the Audi. Have sorted the little niggles I had and have a few questions.

I am thinking of getting a chip to enhance its performance a little. Has anyone got any recommendations?

I have just fitted a ipod kit to the concert 2 head unit. All works well enough but it does not show the RDS information on the head unit or in the dash binnacle. The ipod kit I fitted says it will handle RDS but I think the head unit is letting it down. Is there a later Audi headunit I can get, which will do this or is it a after market purchase. I would like to stick with the audi one if possable.

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I ran Superchips in my mk5 for 4 years / 70k with no issues at all

on the mk6, I'm running Revo and have done 6000 miles in 3 months - again no issues

As long as you go to a reputable company, the decision is a personal one IMO.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="v8alligator"]

Hi All,

I have just fitted a ipod kit to the concert 2 head unit. All works well enough but it does not show the RDS information on the head unit or in the dash binnacle. The ipod kit I fitted says it will handle RDS but I think the head unit is letting it down. Is there a later Audi headunit I can get, which will do this or is it a after market purchase. I would like to stick with the audi one if possable.

[/quote]

Presumably the RDS worked ok without the ipod kit attached?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="davemk"]

[quote user="v8alligator"]

Hi All,

[/quote]

Presumably the RDS worked ok without the ipod kit attached?

[/quote]../content/AboutUs.aspx

The RDS works on the radio stations but not with the CD or Ipod. It jut displays track -- and time played.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah. I think its just not supported with the concert head units. I am not sure which head unit would work as a direct replacment.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello and welcome, I have had issues with mine gearbox syncro on second and alternator. The joys maybe mine was a Friday afternoon car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts