UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya mates. im pretty new here came over from uk-mkivs . I really got into the whole car care thing when i used to have my mk4 golf. I want to take it to the next level ive always hand polished/ waxed and am used to using claybars etc... Just wondering if the DoDo Juice "Spin docter" is a good machine to buy if wanting to get into buffing instead of hand polishing. I usally spend a full day on the car if im doing a Wash , Clay , Polish and wax and the car looks good but obviously when the sun comes out it reveals all the swirls and i know it sounds sad (well maybe not on here lol) but it breaks my heart lol. So does anyone use the dodojuice buffer and is it a good machine for someone wanting to learn how to use the buffer and maybe get rid of some swirls???

Im pretty sure my car is "misano red" if they did that colour on a4 b5's any comments much appriciated.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I've not heard of that one before TBH. It's a rotary so it'll correct the paintwork faster than a dual action polisher. With that comes the (arguably minimal) risk of removing too much lacquer / paint.

Personally, I preferred to go for the safer option of a DA and it's been fine for my needs. Correcting work takes a little longer but I'm happier to do that than risk damaging the paint.

This is the one I bought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok mate thanks for that. the package seems like a very good deal get quite a bit of kit with that thanks a lot mate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're serious about detailing then a rotary is a must! as davemk said there is an arguable risk of burning through the paint. it's very unlikely though moving 1 inch a second is about right!

as far as that particular item goes i'm not sure. i've good and bad things about the cheapies as much as I have heard the same for 3M ones that got £300!

There's also the question of how many different pads you use and how coarse they are or aren't. gets properly anal sometimes haha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ye thanks for that alex ive actually found adetailing course with a a guy called mike spears quite well known in the detailing world its 1500 for a 5 day one to one course wich sounds great. Im seriously considering that at the minute. As soon as i get bloody valantines day out the way im guna shop around for a buffer, ive already built up quite a collection of meguires products cutting compound , waxes etc...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd love to do something like that, personally though I know i'd take the whole thing too far! +1 on megs it's by far the best for nearly everything. i've got a fair s election of autoglym too because you can't really go wrong!

good luck with course and look forward to the results [:D]

·
Registered
5 Posts
you can get the kestrel das 6 for less money and its the same unit just without the dodo branding. because they are DA polishers unless your epiclly stupid you cant burn your paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts