UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read this on another forum and thought it might be of interest to anyone considering a new A3:

New Standard Equipment

Automatic start/stop function for greater fuel and CO2 efficiency. Recuperation for optimal energy utilisation.

Energy saving tips feature in Driver's Information System; including gearshift indicator - Standard - 1.4 TFSI Manual

Flashing brake light under emergency braking - Standard on All A3 models

Icon on door lock button changes from red to white - Standard on All A3 models

Change to Audi logo design on door sill trims - All A3 Sport models

Gear shift knob changes to A4 (B8) design - All A3 Sport models

Optional equipment - A3 and A3 Sportback

Audi Music Interface(AMI) - All models - £245 - New MY10

High beam assist - All models - £100 - New MY10

Mobile telephone preparation - Bluetooth interface - No cradle facility - All Models - £240 - New MY10

Bucket seats in exclusive leather - S3 models - £3,600 - New MY10

17" 9-spoke design alloy wheel - All models - Discontinued

18" 5-arm design alloy wheel - All models - Discontinued

Front and rear parking system; with visual display in combination with DVD satellite navigation system - All models - price unchanged

DVD satellite navigation system - updated features - higher resolution - 32Gb SD card capacity - All models - price unchanged

iPod connection - All models - £175 - price change

USB connection - All models - £175 - price change

Audi exclusive paint - All models - £1,665 - price change

Audi exclusive wooden gear knob - All models - £235 - price change

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Does anyone wonder about the stop start system. I can see how it can be of benefit in say London when you are stationary alot of the time. But if you've been hammering along and (in this case turbo and charger) are hot.....will it turn off the engine and oil supply to the turbo's?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose the thought is that you wouldn't be hammering along if you're in congested traffic.

Must admit, I don't know how the stop start system works. Presumably, it shuts the engine off after the vehicle has been stationary for a specific period of time?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Im not too sure either......Mind you most people dont bother with cool down times either...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi,

Got start stop system on my gf's bmw 1 series ... when the car is stationary .. put it in neutral and life the foot off the clutch pedal .. the engine goes off ... and as soon as you press the clutch pedal the engine starts :p .. thats something i miss on my A3 and the start stop engine button ..

Sal

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
i wouldnt like it. Id feel like i wasnt in control. I do sometimes turn it off in traffic if im going to be sat for awhile....i have whats called a key! lol

But then im biased because im also against electric handbrake etc etc etc.

Rant over.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote user="bluey09"]

Hi,

Got start stop system on my gf's bmw 1 series ... when the car is stationary .. put it in neutral and life the foot off the clutch pedal .. the engine goes off ... and as soon as you press the clutch pedal the engine starts :p .. thats something i miss on my A3 and the start stop engine button ..

Sal

[/quote]

You can retrofit the start button. More info:

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27

1 - 7 of 7 Posts