UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon All,

I know it's not an Audi, although it does share a similar engine set-up and and 8P S3[H] without the Haldex 4WD. I thought I would share some photo's with you to enjoy. I did have a go of the Bluefin Stage 1 remap before Christmas and the car wasn't suited to it, so unfortunately the car went back to standard.

I've got an Audi A4 B8 itch and will see what happens in the next few years. I would more than likely go for a 4-Door 1.8T S-line or at a push a 2.0T S-line.

Mods so far:-

19" BBS CK's with 235/35 Toyo T1R's
Milltek Non-Resonated Cat-Back Exhaust
Cupra '08 Black Grill
Aero Side Skirts & Rear Spoiler
Alu Interior Kit
Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth
Centre Armrest
Citroen C5 Stubby Ariel

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Lovely motor Ricky.

What was the matter with the Bluefin, if you don't mind me asking? Will you be looking at something else?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. The problem with the Bluefin was that the revs kept dropping 500rpm in 4th gears just over 4,000rpm. Id already had several files from Superchips and I thought it was best to send the unit back before the 7 day no quibble refund ran out.
I had a strange idea it may have been the clutch slipping, however its fine in standard form. Superchips suggested that it was due to too much boost.
Id read a similar story on one of the Golf GTI forums and the lad was being fobbed off with file after file and still not resolving the issue. The GTI owner now has Revo with no issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The K1's didn't come out until 2008 and I bought mine in December 2007. To be honest a lot of people think K1's look too similar to the leser Reference Sport model with the BTCC/Aero Kit on.

I still think the K1's look agressive at the front, although you could be looking at a Reference model.....

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Very nice machine! How do you find the power all through front wheel drive? Would it remap 280ish? Bbs wheels gorgeous!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Welcome mate,nice car and i love the wheels,can i have them? i'm sure GIAC or Revo you would have no issues with or go to motorsport development in blackpool and get it live mapped

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be fair is not too bad. The Falken FK's I have on the original !8" Orion wheels perform a hell of a lot better than the Pirelli's it came with. The BBS wheels were taken off in November for the winter and I want them back on.....I'll wait until March time.

The car was rolling roaded with an impressive 278bhp and which is higher than expected. Probably rolling road lottery as most standard Cupra's push out between 250 - 260bhp.

I could try a Revo trial and I'm sure the car would be fine reading others comments across at Seat Cupra Net.

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers. I took me months to decide which wheels to go for and I know I made the right choice. My short list was OZ Superleggra's, and some Rays Forged wheels which had Blue tint to them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers we'll wait and see what happens.......I could try the Revo Stage 1 although to be fair I only work 4 miles away now and don't have much time to use the power it has standard.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="RickyD"]To be fair is not too bad. The Falken FK's I have on the original !8" Orion wheels perform a hell of a lot better than the Pirelli's it came with.

[/quote]

Interesting.....I need some tyres and Falkens are on the list of possibles. So you'd rate them pretty good then? It's either the Falkens or Goodyear Assymetrics for me, just not sure which ones to go for. Sorry for going [offtopic]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would say give the Falkens a try as they have come on leaps & bounds since they were original launched over ten years ago. They grip well and the wear rate isn't too bad. Have you not thought about Toyo T1R's or Vredstein Ultrac's?? I have the Toyo's wrapped around my BBS and prefer them to the Falkens.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Falkens are pooh in my opinion sorry and a lot of mates will agree even kuhmo's are better now they have spent loads in development and got there range doing certain sporting events and been fitted as standard on some cars,as said go for the toyo's or vredstiens or the other expensive ones you know

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="RickyD"]

I would say give the Falkens a try as they have come on leaps & bounds since they were original launched over ten years ago. They grip well and the wear rate isn't too bad. Have you not thought about Toyo T1R's or Vredstein Ultrac's?? I have the Toyo's wrapped around my BBS and prefer them to the Falkens.

[/quote]

I've seen the Vredstein Ultracs mentioned a few times so they're a possibility. I'd heard that the Toyos were noisy though(?).

Looks like the Falkens are out given Leach's comments.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Dont know if toyo's are noisy,mate has them on her golf and thinks there good and always been a good performing mid priced tyre,but falkens i have had dealings with have been poor,soft compound but without the grip,quick wearing,poor in the wet & lastly gone straight on in corners,had them on astra 1.8sri and the car would do nothing but spin the wheels and cocked the cornering up so sold them with in a month and on the golf they were like having slicks on they couldnt grip to get the power down,wheel spinning on set offs and through corners so i replaced them on that with conti sc2's and after that goodyear sports and with both of these the car struggled to spin up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts