UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes,

on the way to work, hit a flood (more like a river) got out the other side n conked out, wouldn't start, turns but eventually killed the battery. Go towed away from the danger but still would bump whilst on tow. The oil light kept flashing and beeping at me. Now, if I'm lucky, which I'm not, is it a case of empty the sump then refill? As it turns. Or is it new engine? Never happened to me before

my car being lowered hasn't helped

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
take the plugs out,charge the battery and try turning over,if it start shooting water out it might be ok mechanically but still cause electrical issues,if not its probably locked solid

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Id say theres a good chance youve done big damage. Hopefully it killed the crank signal and then conked it before the engine took a drink. If it did take a drink- then the engine is aswell as finished.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out my mate tied the tow rope to a pipe underneath the battery n now there's no oil in the car and a ruined oil pipe.

Any ideas what this pipe would be? Before I start a new thread

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Sorry mate didnt read it was a diesel[:(],your mate tied the rope to a pipe ? can you get some pics of what pipe etc as at the moment its guess work for us all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ye, it was 545am n my car was just past the flood round a blind corner so i was a little worried hence why we rushed not knowing where the tow point was I just went with it. Il get pics tomorrow as it is 10miles away at the mo

thanks for the interest

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Oil line, are you sure it was a oil line and not a coolant or boost pipe?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got pics but don't know how to put them on posts. The pipe comes from the driveshaft area and goes to where cams are

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It won't start

ive decided to claim on my insurance then buy it back and break it for parts

i can't afford to get it fixed

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Have you got it diagnosed properly to know whats actually wrong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts