UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hello chaps. Just a few pictures of my car, bought in November 08 (Former car was a MkIV TDI 'Bolf' over on MkIVs.net)

So far I've done...

- Remap (And new clutch - damn!)

- 3.5" Exhaust tips from a MkI TT

- Body coloured valances

- 18" (new style) RS4 reps - painted black apart from the front bits 18" S-Line ronals now, genuine too.

- Boot lip spoiler - Genuine ABT one (dealer-fit option, a little more aggressive than the S Line one, but not over the top)

- RS4 rear ARB

- Replaced the climate panel due to wear (were they buying bits from BMW?!)

- Retrimmed interior pillars & headlining in black

- Added an A3 8P gearstick as I like the look of it

- Dension Gateway 100

- Ambient lighting

- Cruise control

- Aero wipers

0a65dd2b.jpg

2cbb270b.jpg

f42204fe.jpg

What I'd like to do...

- S Line front bumper

- Auto headlight with coming home function

- Rain sensitive wipers

- Maybe lower it a little.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I agree. Looks great Ben.

FWIW, I like the boot spoiler. What results did you achieve with the remap? 170 ish?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know Damian, I'm very conscious of turning it into a very slow S4 - I don't want that, but like the mirrors!

Dave - I like the lip spoiler, just not the one I have. I will get the S4 one eventually. Remap was set at 160 as it's quattro so more stress on the clutch to start with and I wanted a mix of performance and longevity. I know some have 175 with no probs. I had thought about a hybrid turbo etc, but I think the clutch for it will be mega expensive!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Looks really well. My buttons are starting to fade on my climate control. Can you buy just the buttons and panel?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dave.

Stevee - sadly not I'm afraid, I'm almost sure. but keep your eyes open on ebay they're the same panel used from 2001-2008 so there are planty, I got the whole thing for £42 delivered. Be aware that if yours comes from a Nov 04-on A4, you will need to do some additional (fairly easy) wiring as they removed an internal relay for some reason!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm... despite what I said about what I plan to do next, I'm actually going to do the Joey Mod this weekend (as I still have all the stuff left over from doing it on my Bora headlights!) and maybe a CCV catch can (if it arrives!)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Remove the headlight lenses, pop off the silver reflective bits, spray them black, refit

Really easy, only hard bit is sanding down, primering, painting and doing it carefully - it takes a whole day to do it right!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's ok, each to their own. If we all liked the same, forums like this would be boring!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="motionlee"]

Only my 2nd post on here, but i got to say i dont like the wheels

[/quote]

Thats it go away from here and never return !!![:O][:D]

I like them on some cars and not on others and i am sure there is some the same with the outer rim polished

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Exhausts - because it's a quattro, the exhausts are on either side, so I got some tips and had them welded on (old tips that point down were chopped off) If you don't have a quattro, the exhaust just goes to the left with double tips like the Golf - you need to get a B6 1.8T or B7 2.0T non quattro exhaust and add some heat shielding for the fuel tank on the right.

Dave - joey mod - looks really good, but bugger me it was a nightmare compared to the bora lights, they were sealed in a lot more thoroughly! It took 2 hours per lens to get off & multiple trips to the oven. Because it was so much harder, I had to bend the plastic around where the lens goes in a lot more than with the Bora. The A4 headlight is a lot snugger fit compared to the Bora, so guess what happened when I went to put them back? Wouldn't go in! By this time it was dark and I had silicone sealant all over my hands, I was raging. So I get them in eventually, but next weekend (when I don't need the car for a day, I will pop it back in the oven, straighten out the bent plastic, add some more silicone sealant to be safe, then they can go back on the car.

I would never do it again, but as I said it looks good. Will get some shots when it's daylight.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="benjie"]Remove the headlight lenses, pop off the silver reflective bits, spray them black, refit

Really easy, only hard bit is sanding down, primering, painting and doing it carefully - it takes a whole day to do it right!

[/quote]

So do you want to edit this or shall I? [:D]

Oh well, at least it's done Ben. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh shut up you!

It was the obsessive German over-glueing that ruined the whole thing! The rest was ok!

1 - 20 of 180 Posts