UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From this.......

To this....new wheels, tinted windows, leather interior,

And I have a few more additions that hopefully will be fitted over the weekend - Very pleased with it so far!! [:D]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
The car looks really nice! I love the leather.....would love that!

Rims wouldnt be my choice but at the same time i think they look good. [Y]

Have you done a remap to the tdi?

·
Registered
41 Posts
looking great Katy coming on a treat, youve only had the car a few weeks lol

Imagine what it will look like by Christmas at the speed your doing the mods, or is it Jon thats working his fingers to the bone [;)]

·
Registered
496 Posts
looks sweett...

loving the interior!!

What percentage are the tints? Can you see in through them?

But seriously looks really good!

What else have you got planned then!?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Looking really good Katy! The leather interior looks immaculate.

Have you considered fitting a black optic grill?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.....

kaz219 - the rear windows are 5% (limo) and the fronts are 35% - you cant see in at the rear but the fronts you can, just.

I have a few little things planned (hopefully within next 2 weeks)

• Sat Nav rns-e unit
  • Multifunction SLine steering wheel
  • Now got the Loom for seats (from germany) and new climate unit so can set up the heated seats and sort the electrics for the lumbar support.
  • brushed Silver Ashraty cover & gear surround (not cheap but a must have)
  • Need to fit the Leather armrest
  • Getting it remapped on 18th Oct

I think thats about it.....lol [;)]

davemk - yes it was a nice touch with the interior its in fab condition so was really lucky and to get the arm rest too ( I do miss it as had it in my golf). It came out of a 2007 I think? [:D]

Funny about the black grill, I am not a huge fan although I have seen them on black cars and they still look nice. But a big part of why I like this shape Audi is the chrome grill ( the mouth) John is desperately trying to get me to get the black one, and if he has his way I will have a new front bumper too lol - we shall see. I suppose I should leave some things to do in the future.

I hate to think the money I have spent already and as Curly says I have only had it 7 weeks. But I have the money so I may as well do all this while I have the cash.[Y]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Is John trying to get you to have an S-line bumper? Or something different?

I know what you mean about the chrome surround. It does look good and a nice contrast with the black. The black surround does give a mean look to it though! There's a guy on another forum and he's got a black S3 with black grill surround and he's had lamin-x on his lights. Looks awesome. The lamin-x is possibly a little too dark (IMO, anyway) though.

Here's a different one with a slightly lighter tint.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol Yeah he showed me that last night, it does look the nuts. even being so dark I actually prefer it to the 2nd one...... Although I have not done huge changes to mine just subtle ones I am still trying to keep it looking as unmodified and normal as possible, just a few tweaks here and there. I had to much attention driving my Golf and having that 5 years I just got so fed up with people trying to race me or giving me real attitude just because of the car.

With the Audi its a sexy car as standard, I blend in a little more and with the little extra luxuries its not totally visible to others what I have if you get my drift. As soon as I start changing the exterior thats when I will get the wrong attention.

I may just be convinced to get the s line bumper....give it a few years and I will probably choke on my own words....you may well see a black grill lol

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Sadly, I do catch your drift....it's such a shame that we have to consider what other people might do to our pride-and-joy because of the jealousy or greed.

Like you say though, it's a great looking car as it stands now.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Im missing the armrest on mine at the mo....am holding off though cos am thinking of retrofitting leather interior.....need something to lean on!!!!!

What remap are you planning to go for?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Car looks great!

Anyone who sticks that lamin-x stuff on their headlights and thinks it doesn't affect the light output is daft!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote user="Stevee"]

Im missing the armrest on mine at the mo....am holding off though cos am thinking of retrofitting leather interior.....need something to lean on!!!!!

What remap are you planning to go for?

[/quote]

I know I miss my armrest so much, when I first got the Audi as its so low down I kept going in expecting to lean on the armrest for support and practically falling into the centre console lol - Very annoying. Plus I hate having my Ipod in the glove box. I miss having it in the armrest. Lazy I know!!! I found a breakers selling a Leather one for £75....[;)] [;)]

Now your asking, thats Johns department i know there are 3 stages but no idea what one I am going for lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking nice i have just fitted the same leather in mine and am very happy with it, did ur have any wiring for the heated seats at all? would like to wire mine in but not sure on how big of a job it will be?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote user="steadytdi"]

Looking nice i have just fitted the same leather in mine and am very happy with it, did ur have any wiring for the heated seats at all? would like to wire mine in but not sure on how big of a job it will be?

[/quote]

It came with the wiring for the heated seats but you will probably need to buy a Loom as I did. Also you will need to buy a new Climate Control unit with the heated seat buttons on it as I found out they come as a whole unit and the heated seat buttons can't be added to your exsisting unit which is the biggest pain.

It cost me £66 for the loom from Germany www.kufatec.de as ridiuclous as it sounds you cannot get the loom from Audi as apparently when the car is originally spec'd up from the factory it would have all this in it. As mine did not I have to get after market. The price is dependant on whether you have lumbar support and other things are taken into account.

I was also lucky to find a brand new Climate Unti on ebay and bought that for £55 so was very lucky there, I was getting quotes from breakers for £100 for a second hand one alone. Its all a bit messy if you ask me and i am glad I have the other half doing all the fitting etc - I just pay for the stuff lol - phew!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
cheers for that sounds like a big job fitting that loom in you will have to let me know how it goes :) sadly i dont have climate control so i would have to get the switchs out and fit them somewhere else so even more of a pain lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
You cant get the switches seperate and the element wires have to go into the back of the existing climate control wire plugs

You will need a complete unit

I dont know how you would/will get around not having climate though

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote user="steadytdi"]

cheers for that sounds like a big job fitting that loom in you will have to let me know how it goes :) sadly i dont have climate control so i would have to get the switchs out and fit them somewhere else so even more of a pain lol

[/quote]I have just been reading the drivers handbook[8-|]

And noticed that cars without climate can have heated seats fitted.

If you look at your book and look for heated seats part you will see I think your heater controls with the heated seat switches above them.

With regards to fitting ..... All done although just need to send back the climate unit we bought as its for the older 04 a4 and buy an 05 onwards one.

Just one problem I found wth the Kufatec loom was after all was fitted was that one wire which is the power for the lumbar support was in the wrong place in the plug so had to remove it (glad I bought my terminal removal tools home) and move to next terminal slot in plug on seat loom.

Other than that all is well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts