UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive had my car 6 months now so thought id post a few pics now ive changed it a bit heres what it looked like when i got it

and hers alot of how it looks now

any comments welcome hopefully going lower when cash allows but am trying to make the wife see i really do need a motorbike so if the talks go well on that the a3 could be put on hold (or sale!!)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i use autoglym shampoo and conditioner, ag super resin polish, and megs gold class wax. also clay bar'd it a few months ago, the pics in the garage are from that. used megs quik wax on it today just as a top up untill i get a spare day to polish and wax it properly again! but its in next weekend for the rear bushes being changed to powerflex ones so ill give it another good wax then! love polishing it as with it being black its like glass when done. just got some stone chips in the front gotta get sorted eventually!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers matey id love to buy a brand spanker so i could get the 100% perfect finish and keep it but bit out of my price range at the minute! lol i find quik wax as a top up between waxes brings the shine up very well, and only takes about 20mins to do the car!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i use a microfibre waffle towel new one every time £1 from tesco lol can wash and dry in 5-10 mins now its great still only get chance wash the car once a week!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers mate would love a brand new black motor so it would be prefect mirror!! still cant quite afford a brand new A3 yet so no go for me lol!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
just picked up on this - looks good Gav

well done mate - as for the motorbike?? Nah mate - you need a scooter!!!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive been looking at smaller stuff cheap old crappy ones just to insure for peenuts and leave in the shed!! got get some ncb as for a dt125 its come back £1600 even if i do my test!!! so will be a while before i get an r6 or ote nice!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks awesome mate - very clean! Bet its a arse-ache to keep clean!

I just washed, clayed, polished and waxed my car but it rained before i could take some pics! Going to do the same again this week and hopefully get some pics :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Nice looking motor mate is that your house/church/castle in the back ground on your second pic? any other plans ? trick hydraulics,jet engine,sun visor cd case etc?

Love black cars as above polished up its the semi chubb on of driving past a glass shop front and seeing the reflections back,something i still miss from my black nova and astra days

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wish it were my house!! but its surrounded by a grave yard so wouldnt want that lol its a church at breadon on the hill. hopefully going hybrid next year but not entirely sure on wether or not to bother as it is pretty damn quick with remap and exhaust tbh and it topped alot higher than i expected last week so i might throw some cash at getting it glued to the road so i can keep the speed better through corners although it is pretty goo would like better tyres and arb's strut braces etc to get it gokart like although i think the extra wallop of a turbo would be very nice

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hybrids are ok was going to do this on my golf also but one the turbos on the golf were poor as standard plus would have also meant uprated clutch and maybe injectors and map adjusting to suit again which for the cost i thought 200bhp approx was enough as it was,plus its ok doing this if your going to do track days etc but if your gunna do it then just do normal work runs etc still all its doing is making them journeys more expensive thats why in two minds of putting ko4 on mine because £1200 upwards to do conversion correctly then extra cost of fuel just for hammering someone from light etc on a fortnight,i might be getting old but like you say i am more bothered about a bit of extra poke now that it can handle with suspension and brakes etc

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
must admit i think ill be doing handling first and see how it drives then as the torque it has now spins pretty bad so with loads more might be unbearable!!! + mine is a daily so dont want massive running bills!!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Im going to need an exhaust too, but miltek is so blimmin expensive for the A4, near on £700; Could get a custom- no name - one for half......[:cool:]

·
Registered
27 Posts
i know but i been down the no name custom route and they just dont match the quality of miltek , or the sound, at least with miltek its tested to improve power but the price is harsh!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts