UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe not to everyones taste:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/MIKETDI/low1.jpg

A mock-up of how I want it to look, but I know in a ideal world its not possible! But coilovers are being fitted in 2 weeks.

Carbon fibre center caps:

*UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Those wheels have now GONE!!!!

Replacements trial fitted:

trial fitted a 225-35/19 front and back, slight rubbing over bumps but nothing major bad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was fully expecting to hate it (no offence) but it actually looks really good on those wheels, good effort. Ride height doesn't look too bad either, the second pic is waaaaay to low though imo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2nd pic is just a pchop mock up, wont be able to go that low anyway. I'll be knocking it down appx another 15/20mm as to how it stands right now. Im currently lowered on H+R springs, but ive got some Wietec coilovers on the way from Germany.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mike,

Great pic's............... I have to admit I was on the same thought path as Orville, how wrong I was! those wheels look stunning, makes your car look sooooo mean but also keeps it seriously good looking at the same time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure, they are uber rare, especially in 18". think they were some sort of optional extra on a certain Merc model.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I love 'em mate :D

Looks awesome and the colour of the wheels work well with the colour of the car :D

I like it a lot mate - what size are they?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about air-ride suspension? That way you can give the car a really low look, like the look in your P'shopped pic, but raise the car for driving and speed bumps, etc.

I know air-ride is quite 'Marmite', you either love it or hate it, so not sure what camp you'd sit in?

My mate's garage has fitted air-ride on quite a few VAG's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
air ride did cross my mind, but its far too expensive. your looking at appx £2000 inc fitting, and i cant justify that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts