UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought id post some (poor quality) pictures of my car up, will get better ones when i can be bothered[:D]

this is how i picked the car up

it came with 18" rs4 reps

maxnex oval cat-back

back windows tinted and fronts lightly smoked

alpine 6x9s

a sony headunit that only played an eddie halliwell cd i had and nothing else [:cool:]

and the best parts,

red mud flaps[^o)]

and a 2.8 badge along with s-line badges

since then ive added coilovers and lowered it (will be going lower at the front once i can afford skinnier tyres/spacers

de-wipered the rear

took the gash mudfaps off

took the 2.8 badge off along with a3 badge

added an alpine sub/amp and a jvc headunit

when it was first lowered and still had red lower grills

the most recent pictures ive taken of her[:p]

since these pictures it has had the new bumper put on which i prepped and painted myself very pleased with the outcome as its the first time ive tried anything like that

future plans are to get it through its MOT next month, needs a few new bushes , the exhaust welded to stop it blowing and possibly new headlights as i have a hairline crack on my pas side indicator and thanks to some dickhead in a mondeo the other week firing a massive stone off the driver side headlight it has a massive chip out the inside directly in the path of the beam, if it turns out i need new healights ill be replacing them for some facelight items[:D]

aside from this my plans are,

LCR splitter (will be bought when i have a spare 20 bucks)

possibly a strut brace to tidy up the engine bay

paint the engine cover to tidy the bay up (thinking gloss black with lazer red audi logo)

possibly an induction kit for a bit of noise

HIDs for christmas maybe

and depending on wether or not i can find a decent turbo quattro it wil be getting sold or else ill go down the other route ive been thinking of LCR engine and box with LSD full respray to get rid of stone chips and any other defects bigger brakes obviously to cope with extra power, better coilovers with more adjustability etc and perhaps sort the interior out with some nice recaros and boost guages and what not[:D] i can always dream anyway haha. think ive gone on enough anyway.

all comments and criticism welcome as always

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Its ok mate pictures arent that bad,tidy looking car you have the mate but i think you would love the quattros there so easy to through about, if i was you though mate i wouldnt spend much on it if your thinking about getting shut because you never get back what you have spent unless you can put them on new car of course

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats the main reason id prefer a quattro would be much less hassle plus the advantage of quattro, suppose ill need to make my mind up when i start my apprenticeship and see exactly what i can afford, would love an 8p tfsi quattro like yours which looks stunning[H] the car will definately be getting an LCR splitter added and probably the engine bay tidied up as id be painting the stuff myself for free but i suppose time will tell what happens, cheers for the comments though mate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
usually wash, polish and wax it at least once a week and give it a rinse off whenever it gets dirty and try to wash the wheels whenever brake dust builds up so it doesnt get stuck on to badly but with this weather it hasnt been washed in a couple of weeks now although the rain keeps it looking shiney[:p]

·
Registered
169 Posts
Weirdly, I quite liked the mud flaps in the first pic..

Can you tell us more RE the cleaning? What polish/wax? TBH, doing the above once a week is overkill. You shouldn't have to wax the car anymore than once every two/three months.. Polishing should be even less than this. If you get yourself a decent base (well prepped paint - claybar, paint cleanser etc..) with a quality wax to sit on top, it will come up as good everytime just after a wash. See here for a better idea: http://uk-audis.net/forums/t/1363.aspx

Good one with the rinsing of the wheels though; I've slacked with my RS4's and they've built up quite a nasty deposit without me even noticing! Doh.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Edited your post to link to the thread, Jim. (Just realised it linked to my wash / wax thread- thanks!)

As Jim says though, polish should really only be needed 2 maybe 3 times a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts