UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in from work,picked up the post (bills,bills and more bills!) and notice an oblong card from my main Audi dealership with the words 'Multitronic transmission fluid change' printed on front.

On the rear of the card it goes on about the benefits of my multitronic system......"It works seamlessly,helping to aviod sudden gear shifts for a smooth, uninterrupted ride" [blah] ending with "now we've noticed that it's time for your transmission fluid to be changed, so we thought we'd take care of that for you. Just contact us to book your appointment."

Darnit.....why the blazes didn't they do this when my car went in for a service earlier this year in March!!??[brick]

Now I'm thinking should I book car in OR should I just change the transmission fluid myself......I mean......how difficult could it be!? If I go for the lat-ter which brand of fluid would you guys n girls recommend and isn't it as easy as 1...2....3?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Always use Audi oil as others aren't as good. Never changed it on an autobox.... Maybe others have...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a look of internet.Opieoils based in Redruth Cornwall (where has it happens I have a mate who lives near Redruth....Four Lanes)recommend Fuchs Titan semi Synthetic Driveline Oil 75W-90 just over 24 quid for 4 ltrs.

Ok,I'm off work tomorrow so I'll probably pop down to main dealer (after giving motor wash and wax,weather permitting[st])see how much they will sell me Audi oil as you said Stevee,"Always use Audi oil as others aren't as good".[Y].....might even ask for quote for them to do job.[:D]

Oh mine manual [;)]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
with gearoil Vw stuff is the only way to go. Hope you get it sorted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The multi tronic box fills from a filler hole in the bottom of the gearbox. This means the exact correct amount of oil has to be pumped up into the box with a special tool that prevents it pouring out before you get the plug in again.

Dealer job I'm afraid !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Payed a visit to my Audi dealer on Saturday, with my card in hand, only to be told my car had no need for the multitronic transmission fluid to be changed, as this only applies to auto transmission......mine's manual [bag][:$] Guy did say I shouldn't have received notification card[:D]

Yeah I love my cars but you may have guessed Im no mechanic [:)] Still,Im happy....money saved lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts