UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my A3 below, its a 2.0t and Ive had it 4 months now and I'm getting bored and wanted to start modding (nothing too drastic just suttle mods). I was wondering what to do, could anyone suggest anything? preferably with pics/build thread.

Cheers rob

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Remap remap remap. Then you will never be bored!!

Remap alone should get you to around 245bhp.

A new fuel pump, air intake system and exhaust should see 270ish.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
should get about 255/260 with remap and induction,fuel pump it really doesnt need till 270/275 upwards people say,decat doesnt really make that much difference either according to few people on audi sport,LCR bottom bumper spoiler maybe and S3 rear diffuser if you wanted,bit of carbon,may paint grille surround etc etc

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote user="davemk"]

Black grill surround, tints, facelift rear lights ?

[/quote]

this sounds good, are facelift lights a straight replacment and wher would i get them and wher would i get black grill surround??

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Rear lamps are straight swap but need something changing with vagcom,grille surround they do genuine in black or just paint yours like i have

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Yup, as leach says, the lights are a straight swap in terms of shape. You need to do a little bit of wiring as the tail lights go into the tailgate part of the lamp. That's a bad description! Have a look at some pics and you'll see what i mean. I think kufatec do a loom for the wiring. Then you'll need to alter some settings in vagcom. You can buy the lights from dealers or maybe ebay. Black grill from dealers or use fablon for a cheap trial. You could also get a Seat splitter for the front. Diadem bulbs to get rid of "fried egg" look indicators.

·
Registered
72 Posts
LED DRL's that are Standard on mine would look good, you can buy them in strips I believe!

Defo a remap say via Bluefin, you will be impressed with the power Difference!

Good luck and keep us all updated

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="daverogers2001"]

LED DRL's that are Standard on mine would look good, you can buy them in strips I believe!

[/quote]

Noooooo [:D]. They look great on the facelifts like yours but I just don't like the aftermarket LED strips.

·
Registered
607 Posts
how about laminex and black grille? was next mod i was going to do before i sold her. looks pretty mental imo. lower it, remap, miltek, induction, the list goes on lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

[quote user="daverogers2001"]

[/quote]

Noooooo
. They look great on the facelifts like yours but I just don't like the aftermarket LED strips.

[/quote]

2nd that, they seem to be like an infectious disease on Skoda Octavia taxis, not a good look.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote user="leach76"]

should get about 255/260 with remap and induction,fuel pump it really doesnt need till 270/275 upwards people say,decat doesnt really make that much difference either according to few people on audi sport,LCR bottom bumper spoiler maybe and S3 rear diffuser if you wanted,bit of carbon,may paint grille surround etc etc

[/quote]

hi, wher would i buy LCR bottom bumper spoiler and S3 rear diffuser. do you get them from dealers? if so have you got a part number???

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote user="GavNayshGTTDI115"]

how about laminex and black grille? was next mod i was going to do before i sold her. looks pretty mental imo. lower it, remap, miltek, induction, the list goes on lol.

[/quote]

whats laminex????

·
Registered
926 Posts
Seal Leon LCR front splitter is part number 1ML 805 903 and is available from any Seat dealers. Cost for this ranges from about £17 plus vat to whatever the thieving gits think they can charge and get away with. Since it started selling well as an aftermarket part some dealers are just playing rip off.

There's one for sale on Ebay right now, but as I said it's a rip off. Link.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote user="Rustynuts"]

Seal Leon LCR front splitter is part number 1ML 805 903 and is available from any Seat dealers. Cost for this ranges from about £17 plus vat to whatever the thieving gits think they can charge and get away with. Since it started selling well as an aftermarket part some dealers are just playing rip off.

There's one for sale on Ebay right now, but as I said it's a rip off. Link.

[/quote]

cheers think i'l go see them next week, is ther a fitting guide for the splitter??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="davemk"]Yup, as leach says, the lights are a straight swap in terms of shape. You need to do a little bit of wiring as the tail lights go into the tailgate part of the lamp. That's a bad description! Have a look at some pics and you'll see what i mean. I think kufatec do a loom for the wiring. Then you'll need to alter some settings in vagcom. You can buy the lights from dealers or maybe ebay. Black grill from dealers or use fablon for a cheap trial. You could also get a Seat splitter for the front. Diadem bulbs to get rid of "fried egg" look indicators.

[/quote]

do you know the part number for the black grill?

·
Registered
926 Posts
[quote user="rob_priestley35"]

cheers think i'l go see them next week, is ther a fitting guide for the splitter??

[/quote]

You might look here. There may also be other people who've done it on there, or even on other forums.

·
Registered
607 Posts

[/quote]

whats laminex????

[/quote]

the black film over the headlights and fogs mate, apparently its mot passable too!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[/quote]

whats laminex????

[/quote]

the black film over the headlights and fogs mate, apparently its mot passable too!

[/quote]

oh right, where do you get that from then?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts