UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am thinking about selling my 130 gttdi Golf and buying a 100 bhp a4 tdi avant.
I am looking for more space, and have been admiring a4's for a while. I have already owned a mk4 Golf in the past, and always get bored of cars if I own the same type a second time around
;)

So, anyone got any thoughts on my proposed move? Am I going to kick myself changing from a smaller car with 130 horses, to a heavier car with only 100?
Before anyone says, I can't really afford the extra spondoolies for a avant 130, and there is a 100bhp model which has caught my eye
;)

Anyone been there themselves?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Not been there myself but I'd guess you're going to miss the power. You could always remap the A4?

Oh, and welcome.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You can remap the 100bhp to 130, but it'll be slower than a 130 Golf due to the weight.

I'd get a 130 personally. I have a remapped 130 quattro & I'd say it's only just quicker than a 130 Golf.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I had the same dilema 3.5 years ago when I bought my 100pd A4. I would t hange a thing, except Some days I wish I got the 130. Mine is remapped but I would of remapped the 130 too. 99% of the time I'm happy with it though, I'm getting older and not as much into speed, but like my 135 ponnies for overtaking.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Becareful of being "fooled" into thinking the a4 avant has more space. Externally, it's bigger but internally it's not

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Is the boot much bigger damian because my boot isn't that big to be honest when the pram goes in, it's nearly full!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]Is the boot much bigger damian because my boot isn't that big to be honest when the pram goes in, it's nearly full!

[/quote]

You could stop been lazy stevee and just walk when you get to your destination,we have told you before its not flattering and yes your bum does look big in it!

But thats what i thought arent the A3+A4 the same chasis's just about? the mk5 golf is bigger than the mk4 inside and the A3 is same as the mk5 so if the A3 & A4 are the same then its only going to be about boot space on the avants

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="leach76"]

[quote user="Stevee"]Is the boot much bigger damian because my boot isn't that big to be honest when the pram goes in, it's nearly full!

[/quote]

You could stop been lazy stevee and just walk when you get to your destination,we have told you before its not flattering and yes your bum does look big in it!

[/quote]

Stevee got back lol

Id be interested at having a look at a few avants as im not sure we are always going to fit in the saloon, (leach no fat jokes)

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
When we had our avant, the pushchair had to go in diagonally as the boot was neither deep nor wide enough. It effectively left you with 2 small triangles of boot space which is crap. My sister in law has a b6 saloon and the boot is great. The Audi went to be replaced by a mk5 which has more useable space...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]When we had our avant, the pushchair had to go in diagonally as the boot was neither deep nor wide enough. It effectively left you with 2 small triangles of boot space which is crap. My sister in law has a b6 saloon and the boot is great. The Audi went to be replaced by a mk5 which has more useable space...

[/quote]

The pram we have is quite big, in that its one of those "Travel Systems". It can be a pushchair, pram or a helicopter. The car seat clicks in. It can go length ways, but then you have to give the boot a good close. And if you put it sideways, then it needs abit of gentle persuasion to fit past the wheel arches, and then it fills the majority of the boot.

When we were away at the weekend, we had the pram lengthways, and the moses basket squeezed in taking up the other half of the boot.

We were wondering about a roof box for holidays etc. Its hard to know, i dont like them to be honest but it may be needed. Ive Audi roof bars, so it would just be the box.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="damianmkv"]When we had our avant, the pushchair had to go in diagonally as the boot was neither deep nor wide enough. It effectively left you with 2 small triangles of boot space which is crap. My sister in law has a b6 saloon and the boot is great. The Audi went to be replaced by a mk5 which has more useable space...

[/quote]

I'm not saying your wrong Damian but I just can't get my head around an A4 avant having less useable boot space than a Mk5 [:S]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
yeah you are [:'(][aggro]

its just my experience - same pushchair that has to go diagonally in the a4 went width ways in the mk5 and mk6

You'd also assume an a4 has more rear legroom that an a3..but it doesn't either

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Lol....no, I really wasn't [<:eek:)].

I haven't had the experience of the 2 cars, whereas you have so I bow to your knowledge. I still can't get my head around the idea though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts