UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started to notice a huge misfire at 1600 and then 1800 rpm. This happens more in 1st gear and worse when cold. The car is 2007 2.0 tdi I just can't get my head round a diesel having a misfire! Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's just light throttle but can't be sure as on full throttle it's very quickly through the revs in 1st gear

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Have you had it plugged on vagcom etc? wouldnt suprise me if coolant temp sensor if just doing it from cold,any other syptoms smoking etc?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Id say it could be a few things. If it only Misfires in that rev band and not higher up the revs id say its not injector loom.

But you will have to get it scanned to be sure. It could be MAF, or any of the sensors. Turbo vanes re-adjusting under a load.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI MY CAR WAS DOING THE SAME, PLUGGED IT INTO THE COMPUTER AND NO FAULT FOUND BUT REPLACED THE AIR MASS SENOR (METER) AND TOUCH WOOD EVERYTHING FINE COST £54 PLUS VAT EXCHANGED FROM GERMAN SWEDISH AND FRENCH THERE IS A CHEAPER ONE BUT DIDNT SEE THE POINT ON SKIMPING ON THE PRICE

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep that's certainly one of the common culprits, a data log of the maf would tell u it's radings and if it's ronnied.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts