UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided that I couldn't take it any more and had to get the car cleaned as it was the first half-decent car washing type day we've had a in a long while.

The idea was both mine and the wife's car would have a decent clean, not a huge effort but I wanted to get the cars looking respectable again but it didn't quite go to plan. I broke out the pressure washer and the foam lance. The pressure washer was running constantly, which it shouldn't. Turns out that the cold snap took it out of the Karcher! Still managed to get the car pre-washed and most of the dirt removed. I wouldn't have continued with the wash otherwise!

I hardly took any pics for a few reasons. Firstly, the neighbours are starting to think I'm a tad crazy taking pics of my dirty car. Secondly, the PW not working peed me off royally [:D] and, finally, it started to rain.

Glad that I put on a few layers of wax after she was last washed - it made the wash a bit easier. Didn't bother drying her off as it was raining (typical) but at least she's respectable again.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
A good job done then Dave, theres nothing worst than a dirty audi, i hope my pressure washers ok, it should be as i always run it dry for a few seconds after every use, then remove the flexi hose

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not as good a job as I'd intended Dave but a big improvement on how it was this morning!

I thought I'd emptied my PW but obviously not. I think the lower model Karchers have plastic pumps which crack. I suspect that's what's happened to mine. I fancy going for a Nilfisk one as they have metal pumps but it'd mean more expense having to buy new adaptors for the foam lance and the hose extension.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Mine was and stil is worse than that,i gave it a quick run over with jetwash at work friday while rushing to get the thick off and now its dryed it looks like one of those peoples efforts where they just wash half the car and leave random panels,its those kind of people i hate,people like me it seems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts