UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at an a4 130 tdi but mileage is a worry at 150.000, bodywork and interior are excellent apart from usual age related marks, has full history, cambelt changed about 20.000 ago. money on it is pretty good . is it worth the bother or should i walk away?

the car we have now an old vw polo weve had for 7 years and only put 40,000 on it so its running at 60.000 now which i know is low for its age so 150 is scary[*-)]

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
They should be good for 200k, as scarey as it is. I sold my last car which was 20 months old with 5100 miles in. The one before that was 4.5 years old with 13k on so I know that all mileage looks high in comparison

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's not how many miles that's the issue, it's how those miles have been done. If they have been done sympathetically and the engine has been serviced regularly and properly then there should be no problem.

My TT has 130k, but you wouldn't know to look at it because it has been looked after properly.

It's the ones that have done 50k and look/sound like they have done 150k that you have to watch out for!

HTH! [:)]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
What podge says is right. It depends how a car is treated mate. Id treat each on its own merits.

What id be concerned about is the resale value of the car should you ever sell it. ie in a year it might have 160k-170 and it might be hard sold.

Mine has 160k on it and is running as smooth as it was with 80k when i bought it. Audi mate of mine says it drives as a 06 not a 03. So its each car to its own really

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah I agree with Steve and Phodge... mate of mine just bought a Volvo V70 D5 with 140k on it and it drives so nice - its got a big book full of service stamps and they're all motorway miles according to seller.A car with low mileage could have only ever been run for short journeys don't forget, i.e. engine never warming up fully, gears only used when cold so not as smooth etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts