UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate is on the Mitsi lancer owners club forum and they booked to go to the mequairs workshop seminars they have so we went yesterday and it basically was this;

Hosting "Workshops" or seminars for car enthusiasts is an important part
Meguiar's everyday global activity. In the UK we have spoken at many
club regional and national meeting venues about Meguiar's automotive
surface care. In the summer months, weather and venue permitting, we
follow our PowerPoint presentation with some hands-on practice of
techniques and products on a members car, typically in the car park.

With the recent move to our new facilities in Daventry, it is now
possible for us to host such events almost entirely indoors, in optimal
conditions.

Our seminars consist of:-

• A 45 minute presentation of "Best Practice" in the Training Room. This
is a great opportunity to ask questions and hopefully dispel a few
myths.

• An hour or so working on a visitor's car in our Detailing Bay to
demonstrate products and techniques and give visitors an opportunity to
try for themselves.

• Every visitor receives a pack of sachet samples to take away.

We aim to attract enthusiasts with a passion for making their car look
the best it possibly can. When such people have experienced Meguiar's
products for themselves, they invariably become advocates for our brand.

In the final analysis our motives are entirely selfish.

Our facilities can accommodate 12-20 people, and we will provide
refreshments during the morning. We aim to start the seminar at 10am.

After this there was the oppotunity to buy there produtcs with a bit of discount but the really good bit was because its the distribution centre for the uk sometimes pallets of products get damaged so there was products with damaged boxes cheap and then there were products where they were in different bottles such as shampoos such as gold class,nxt and the tyre gel in 1ltr bottles for a £5 or £10 for the gel.

Dont know if we could arrange one of these for here ? or how much of a pain for people to travel?,in bad weather they have it there but i think in summer they go to shows doing roughly the same,we only need about 20 people and they havnt all got to be from here as mates/family could go.

Just a though and something to look into maybe

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
What sort of costs are involved? Or is it a FOC thing to get you to buy their kit? By all means feel free to set a visit. Might be an idea to include t'other side too. [Y]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its F.O.C they make there money through anyone who buys there products i think,Invite the dark side?[sos],i suggested it a while back on there and to awsome gti because they sell there products but dont think anything ever got sorted.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'd probably be up for this - I have a few friends who will prob come with me, so we can share the fuel costs of 2hrs driving!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I attended this back in 2008 (..I think); a worthwhile trip for anyone looking into the enthusiast range of Megs kit and Detailing as a whole.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going on a swiss wax one in march aswell which should be interesting and from the rumours it goes a bit more indepth,think i would need quite a bit more money to spend on products there though plus its weekend before lads long weekend away so wont have much spare money neither

1 - 7 of 7 Posts