UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was beckoned over from the Dub side to repost this here, I meant to join here but forgot! now I've sold the mkiv bolf.

starting a new thread for my new car I recently picked up.
I'm very pleased with my oil burning 1.9tdi Audi quattro sport.
its not gonna be quick tho.
first pics as is.

but
I do have these!

which I painted this lovely colour

thanks
for looking
matt
:rock:

then I fancied a go at a bit of the well played out Carbon wrapping. i know
everyone has done it, but I really like it, plus its not permanent is
it?

I bought a 30x120 sheet of ebay and had a ago, you def need a heat
gun to do this, at first its like trying to bend card around a shape,
and with heat it turns to a really stretchy skin, like a baloon. Its
quite addictive!

my first attempt went quite well had to do it in two parts, I could
not get it to stretch around the side and the curves where the mirror
attaches.

wanted to do the grill and the mirrors

grill

mirror

is it really that much more civilised here!?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Yes, far more civilised. [:D] It's a bit quiet over here (as Damian puts it) but I say it's exclusive. [<:eek:)] There's a fair number of ukmkivs members getting into Audis so we should see things liven up.

Anyway, a very random question but how the heck have you got the car in that gap? Looks like there's a bush directly behind and a fancy gate post right in front - must have taken some maneuvering!

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi prawnstar, welcome to the forum, i like the carbon wrap, will have to have a play with some of that, not sure about the colour of the wheels though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my drive is tight! you have to reverse in then forward and back so that my wifes car can get in or out, She needs the room when parking, so am happy to do an austin powers!

as for the wheel colour, I guess its a throwback to the vw thing, crazy colour wheels, at least time they are dark. but anyway, you'll see, if they were all that colour then perhaps it would be too much, but when they're built I think they'll work.

thanks for the welcomes

Matt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
next up with the wheels I have a pair of b7 side skirts to get painted and Abt rear valance in the garage

like this expect without the quad exhaust cutouts, the shaped 'diffuser' or whatever will be black

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell no Luke! actually after all that I'm planning on just enjoying it, took me 4 years to get the golf how dreamed and then sold it. Want to have fun with this one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What you doing with the suspension? Im not keen on the Sport suspension, its not sporty enough for me..

Im STILL awaiting delivery of my coilies [|-)]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="prawnstar"]

the shaped 'diffuser' or whatever will be black

[/quote]

That will look the dog's-danglies IMO. [Y]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not for a while, am in the middle of moving house, and want the wheels done first.

not much of an update but finished a wheel! looked so good in the
sunlight so took some fotos

put in a bluetooth thingamydongle to stream music via the cd changer
whioch works pretty well too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice A4 buddy

I saw you on the A1m on Friday morning!!! Was in the MK4 with the Eagle logo on the back...Dark Greeny Blue...looked at you and nodded at you [:D]

Your alloys look great!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry haven;'t been on in a while, Well I love this car, this last year i've done 30K commuting to work, finally just moved to a closer station, but its been a joy to drive and its not mapped yet!

the sides and rear are on, from a while ago, the wheels went on but with that length of commute they couldn't cope being polished metal, and need cleaning each trip, x2 a day which obviously didn't happen. So I split them down and had the dishes coated.

also got a pair of leather and alacantra seats, and an ABT front valance.

the valance is a bit of a marmite mod, i've seen some work well and others look tacky, i'll give it go and see how I feel about it.

it will be dropped a tad, just on eibach springs and possibly b5 front top mounts. I need to keep the comfort factor esp with two kids in the rear.

I will update with some pics when its clean again!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
heres a couple I found from the past few months.

the grill went black and I joeyed the headlights, easier than a golf too.

I dont live in the crappy trailer park btw haha!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts