UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Has anyone got a Mac?

I'm toying with the idea, not a laptop but an i Mac.

I have an iphone and a pad and it seems to make sense but i am really not sure as i have only ever had windows (Dell) PC's. My current Dell is limping on at the moment - Windows XP PRO 3, IntelPentium4 with HT so its getting on.

Views please, models, what i should avoid etc. all appreciated

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I use a laptop Mac book pro, we also have an I pad each, and I phones , I have only used I macs at work , this was offshore, I only used them for e mails, job reports etc, but after using one, I would never go back to a Microsoft based computer, I personally think they are the best products on the market., and obviously you must be thinking the same way Essex

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I've got a windows laptop and a Macbook pro. The Macbook is an amazing bit of kit although it took a short while to get used to it; it's quite different to a Windows laptop.

Something to note is that a lot of my Office 2003 files won't open on the Mac so bear that in mind if you need access to old files. I'm sure there's a solution but I've not looked into that.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, still doing some research at the moment. interesting that you both have mac book pro laptops, how comes you both went that way rather than a desktop?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
The only reason we have a laptop, we can put it away when we have finished with it, and the desk top is always on display for anyone to see, that's the main reason

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Same reason as Dave. Laptop / Macbook are easier in terms of the space they take up and PCs are just too big IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts