UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps.

Im looking at maybe buying a TT sometime in 2009 and was wondering about problems when lowering....

If using coilovers, I already know that I need adjustable tie bars for the rear to stop the camber being silly, but is there anything else I need to upgrade to stop any problems.

I ask as I am aware of the driveshaft and ARB problem on the mk4 golf and wondered if this also occurs on the TT?

Would I need to uprate the ARBs or would I be ok with coilies and tie bars?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
For a start mate i dont have a TT. But id say that they would have the same problem with the ARB. Does the TT need coils?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the TT is a bit high off the floor for me yeh [:D]

I have had info now saying that I will need to upgrade them and that I wont need to....

Can anyone clear this one up, a TT owner with coils anyone? [:)]

·
Registered
399 Posts
Haven't needed to lower mine as it's the sports, and it sits fine for me (and if I lower it, I can't tow it round corners on tracks [;)])

The tie bars are the only major bit you will probably need, I know a few people that have done it on coilies that haven't needed the tie-bar on inspection and testing after installation - but they are definitely in the minority.

G'luck [y]

C

·
Registered
399 Posts
Steve, it's a QS (Quattro Sport), it's down from standard as a result... It's a great height, but then the ride's ever so slightly soft (such that I was scrubbing rubber on the Ring)...

Works perfectly for me though, but I take 0 credit [:D]

C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lowered mine with Koni sport kit as I didn't want it too harsh.

The drop was about 30mm and fitted the adjustable tie bars to fine tune the geo but could have got away without.

Definitely look at bigger arbs, makes a huge difference. Alot of TT'ers go for the Mk4 R32 arbs, as did I on the front but went bigger on the rear with a 22mm Neuspeed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Coilovers all the way!!

Depending on how much you are looking to spend, would definately recommend the KW Variant 3's, I have attached a link below to the JBS website where these are listed:-

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/461/variant-3-inoxline-coilovers-4wd

These offer lowering between 25-50mm, so not stupidly low but also offer a comfortable ride!

Hope this is of some help, and have a great new year!!

Seb Hampson

Parts/Sales Advisor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts