UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you finding that you spend your time over here now and less and less time on uk-mkivs.net?

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
definately, this place is like mkivs used to be when I joined - lots of banter and it feels ( dear I say it ) more familiar and friendly. The other site is almost too big IYKWIM - I still visit there a few times a day and post occasionally..

Now that Tabs is paying me and Dave £250,000 a year each, we are duty bound to be here anyway...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I turned it down because the money isnt good enough really for all my attention.

Mkivs is abit impersonal at this point, fantastic for help though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
uk-mkvis is just a distant memory, not been on there for ages, I agree it lost its appeal a long while ago.....

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Yes, I'm spending less time over there, although I still go on most days. It's still a good site but, with the cost of the Golf getting less, it's becoming a younger forum. Sadly, I don't count as young anymore!

Must admit, I'm spending a lot more time on here now. Not just because of being a mod but it's a nice little site now that we're getting more posts.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
[quote user="davemk"]

Yes, I'm spending less time over there, although I still go on most days. It's still a good site but, with the cost of the Golf getting less, it's becoming a younger forum. Sadly, I don't count as young anymore!

[/quote]

Agreed Dave, I think the MK4 slowly started to fall into the wrong hands about 4 years ago, they cost peanuts now. I see around 2 badly modified ones a week on the roads.

Happens with all cars though.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Yes stevee, i spend more time on this site, probably because i am not a member on the other one[:D]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah me too,i like the joking/banter with all the old blokes over here[:O],but as stevee said ukmkivs is good very good for info as i hope this one will be as more people join,Still like nipping back to mkivs though,only hard thing is as more new/young people get golfs there asking the same questions as have been asked 3-4 times,its like in matrix where he see's the black cat then 2 seconds later the black cat(ie called the glitch-but over there its: "is it the maf?" then2seconds then:"is it the maf?"

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you buy them tires yet leach? did you see his response?

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
[quote user="phil76"]

"is it the maf?" then2seconds then:"is it the maf?"

[/quote]

It could be the window regulators [hunter]

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
or, what does GT Tdi or Red I, Red Tdi mean on the back of ...........

·
Registered
153 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

Did you buy them tires yet leach? did you see his response?

[/quote]

I know what a big grand father ClOCK!! CAN YOU believe that? just hope i wont miss how awsome they were

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
Hehehe ! You guys ! My mk5 sounds like a police car - can you help ? I'm looking for an r32 kit - where can I get one ? Oh well, I guess if you're new and
don't know anything, you have to ask ???

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah i know mate we were all there at some point but would be easier for them to search on there they must have everything covered from : maf problems,dodgy leaking seals,arse beetroots,piles,itching & burning sensations & finally heart transplant instructions on adobe download

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I don't know about that Stevee. That's been discussed many times. I think it's just that the younger lads / lasses can afford them now and have different ideas when it comes to modding.

They eventually mature and see the errors of their ways and will undoubtedly frown on the upcoming youngsters....and so begins the cycle.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts