UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't like this in my day unfortunately (mind you, I might not have ended up being such a rounded individual [:D])

Taken from AOL News:

"Retailers cannot be prosecuted for offences such as selling 18-rated
DVDs or computer games to children because of a legal blunder 25 years
ago, it has been revealed.

Dozens of prosecutions for alleged breaches of
the 1984 Video Recordings Act have been dropped, with ministers
admitting it is "no longer enforceable" in UK courts because of a
technical loophole.
"

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
What did you do when growing up ? I used to play footie or cricket on the road outside my parents house, or go fishing, or play rounders in the water meadow behing our house. Unfortunately, nowadays, you're scared to let your kids out of your sight for fear of some perv absconding with them

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I played football and cricket with my dad, the neighbours and their kids. Their was loads of us playing in the street on a Summer night. It was the stereo-typical "jumpers for goalposts".

I'd go out for hours on end on my bike, to the beach, the parks, mate's houses, the woods.......happy days.

My daughter's too young to be out on her own (under 2) but I'll be reluctant to let her wander as far afield as I did, even when she's at the age I was. BUT, do you really believe things are worse, or is it just that you know more nowadays? I think that kids are more aware of peodos now and are more likely to tell someone. Back in our day, it was more of a taboo subject so it was kept hush-hush.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
That's definately true - I am not aware of any " goings on" around here but I am still ( perhaps overly ) protective of my kids. Media or reality who knows ?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Agreed with both of you: agree with dave that it has always been happening a lot because of the stories of late with the people coming forward about the childrens homes or what ever they were in the 70's in wales i think it was but then as damian says i think the bad thing now is for these people who prey on children there is lot more chance of them doing so with the internet they have no doubt places they can post or perv over pics and also arrange meetings with the unsuspecting.But as dave was also saying about been younger ourselfs its hard knowing that we were young once and alot of the time i told my parents i was going on my bike etc local but knew as soon as out of sight we were off to grasses greener and other exciting places new bmx tracks or quarries,but on a big plus kids have phones these days where i should imagine my parents back then if you were late would just panic/worry = the immense B*llocking and slipper bashing i did get when i came home,am not a parent yet but would love to be sometime in not so long future but i have much respect for you people who are

1 - 5 of 5 Posts