UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i'm new to this site so go easy on me.

i've got a 54 plate a4 1.8t - today i've noticed the key fob is not locking or unlocking the drivers door but works all the others with no problem.

i've tried the key to lock/unlock the car and this works ok and the alarm light flashes on the door - can anyone help please,

thanks

Craig,

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
It's best to get the car scanned for fault codes otherwise you're guessing really but I'd suspect door lock module or convenience module. I'm sure someone with better knowledge will be around soon. Stevee......where are youuuuu?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Lol here!!!! I'd say there are broken wires to the door itself as it enters the a pillar. Do all the electrics work fine in that door incl the speaker?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for posting back both of you - i've checked the door speaker,window and door mirror and they work fine - what do you think is best to do first, should i take the door card off and check for any loose or broken wires ??

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Can you see in between the door and the pillar there are wires joining the two cover by a rubber gator. Take the gator off and check he wires for damage. If all other electrics work I can't see it being the module in the door. Does the door lock manually with the key?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Just re read your post there and can see it does lock it manually. It must be a wiring issue, it means it's cheaper solution but a pain to find. If the wires I mentioned above are ok, then you will have to take the door card off and test the wiring looms. Ps if you need a how to on removing a door card I can do that tomorrow. Mine was off more times than a cat has lives

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers Stevee, i'm going to have a good look at it this weekend.

If you can do me the 'how to' on removing a door card that would be a big help - i'm not sure how to get it off and don't want to go pulling here and there breaking clips an whatever else,

·
Registered
2 Posts
audi a4 wen i push the button on my key to lock the car it locks the two back doors and the boot i can lock the drivers door with the key but passenger door wont lock does ne1 know wa the problem is?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
i lookd but didn c ne prob needa take the door off an get a better look maby it was wrkn right wen i first got the car an then 1 day it hapnd 2 doors not locking withthe key?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It cud b da cntrl convience mod dat dog wirn, f u opn da dr n luk at da wirn betwn dr n A pllr, den pul bak da rubr n c f any damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts