UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw over on mkivs its sold...whats the next car to be?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was just about to start my thread saying i sold her lol but dont know whether to be happy or sad.

Sad that shes gone but happy as i sold her for £10k and i paid £10500 14 months ago so 500 depreciation in the recession - i think i did pretty well.

I wasnt really planning on selling but i thought for the right price, i would let her go.

Anyways, onwards and upwards! but Im torn now on what car to go for...

Shortlist (well, not very short) is Golf Mk5 GTI, Audi A4 Cab 2.0T Sline, Audi A3 2.0T FSI Sline(06+ shape), Integra Type R DC5, My Aunts 2001 TT 225 (get family rates on that too) but i seem to be really attracted to the Astra VXR in Arden Blue (knowing i can get really good servicing rates from Dougall doesnt help either) lol

And no Steve, Im not leaving you guys!! I sold my mk4 2 years ago and still hang about on uk-mkivs and doubt I'll leave here as i really like the atmosphere and you guys are awesome! And we still have the TT in the family so even if i wanted to leave, i couldnt lol

Dougall - have you got any Astras in Arden Blue at your dealership? Might go test drive one tommorrow! Its not too bad on insurance either - Im 19 and its £1800 fully comp with me as the main driver! :p

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you got it sold mate! Those VXR's are supposed to be a bugger with understeer. Id have the GTI.........or TT!! lol

·
Registered
510 Posts
i dont think so, ill check whats in group stock.

they not too bad with understeer, they do suffer a bit with torque steer but handle pretty well overall.

if i had to have one it'd have to be the nurbug edt

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="Stevee"]

Glad you got it sold mate! Those VXR's are supposed to be a bugger with understeer. Id have the GTI.........or TT!! lol

[/quote] I wanted a GTI before i bough the A3 but wasnt too impressed on the build quality so went for the Audi but thats why Im considering the A3 2.0T. My mates selling one in lava grey with 19" RS4 wheels, LCR lip, HnR springs, 2006, Everysingle extra inc satnav and its a quattro.

But dont know yet - just going to take my time. But it has to be petrol and manual - i missed my clutch and high revving cars lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="dougall"]

i dont think so, ill check whats in group stock.

they not too bad with understeer, they do suffer a bit with torque steer but handle pretty well overall.

if i had to have one it'd have to be the nurbug edt

[/quote]

They can remap them to cope better with the tourqesteer and oversteer so the power is more progressive than aggresive.

Nurburgrings do look nice and love those 888 wheels but dont fancy a white car!

Think i need to do more research!

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The gti could make 240 with a remap and with air intake and exhaust and fuel pump around 290! I'm very biased! LOL

·
Registered
607 Posts
my cousin hates his Vxr with a passion and spends most his time in his renault kangoo lol hes getting rid of it as soon as his dads ready to part with his 635...... jammy get!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Think the vxr's look awsome but same here mate has one in red and handles shocking and wasnt that impressed with speed or power with kid i work with bought the corsa one i thought this is going to be a quick car especially when he had it mapped but it was only about as quick as my mapped 150gttdi,get an RS4 or GTR or 911GT3RS and get me one aswell and i will pay you up in no time

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had a GTI before the A3 - sometimes wished i'd never got rid

great fun to drive! like it was on rails, must agree about the build quality though

how about the ED30?

Good luck with your search[Y]

·
Registered
496 Posts
GTI Ed30 are out of my price range :(

And not driven a vxr yet - there is none within 40miles of me :S

My uncle has a zafira gsi (similar engine to the vxr) and that is bloody quick for a 7 seater. i had a short drag in it with my a3 and we were side by side... It's what really made me want to get one :S

They're meant to handle ok - just a lot of tourqe steer (so when i want to go left, i just floor it :D)

Gav - Why does your cousin hate his. I've hear nothing but good things about them tbh....

·
Registered
496 Posts
[quote user="adey"]

Make sure you dont disappear Kaz

you got good input/info mate!!

[/quote]

Im not going anywhere fella - dont you worry! :D

Cant find a vxr at the min though and new ones are abit out of my price range :(

Being car-less sucks :(

·
Registered
607 Posts
he dont like the torque steer, handling or the fact it eats tyres and drinks fuel!! id go cabbie personally but the gti's are pretty sweet, but then so is the a3 2.0t!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts