UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming from the uk-mkivs forum, since my present car is a Golf Mk6 from 2010. However I ordered a replacement today, a new Audi A4 B8 Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro, and it was suggested to me to join this forum, and so I did. Will take delivery of my new car on Thursday... :)

I'm currently living in Sweden, but is Danish...

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Wow you dont keep cars very long do you? Welcome along to the forum. A good choice in car, what spec will the car be? SE, S Line Etc

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote user="stevee"]

Wow you dont keep cars very long do you? Welcome along to the forum. A good choice in car, what spec will the car be? SE, S Line Etc

[/quote]Long story short, it was my number two Golf, and in between the two Golfs I've had from February 2007, both ordered new, I have been at the workshop 20 times... - last time around, I borrowed an Audi A4 from the dealer, and I ended up buying a new one.

Not sure if the Swedish specs are the same, so I will have to get back to you on that one. It's called Proline and Quattro Edition over here.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
That doesnt sound good about all those workshop visits. How would you say the Golf 6 and the B8 Audi A4 compare?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote user="Stevee"]

That doesnt sound good about all those workshop visits. How would you say the Golf 6 and the B8 Audi A4 compare?

[/quote]

Well, I will take delivery of the Audi on Thursday. The demo-car I had was quite nice, steering was lighter, and it was more comfortable to drive. But on 16 inch wheels, there wasn't any sport in it. The Audi I ordered comes with 18 inch wheels, afraid it might be a little too much for my taste, but that remains to be seen.

Despite my problems with it, the 1.4 TSI160 engine in the Golf is really really nice, with power from low revs, and the power is there instantly due to the supercharger (but the squeal sound was too much for me) - where I found the TDI170 engine in the Audi to be a bit slow in the city - lacking because the turbo had to build pressure it seems. Ofcourse, on the open road, it was better. As I'm driving a lot in the city, I chosed the TFSI engine - not sure it's better (never tried it), but the dealer advised me that it would be.

I will get back to the subject when I had the new car a few days... [:)]

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Welcome over. The B8 A4 is a lovely motor. My mate has an S-line in ibis white and it looks fantastic. Get some pics up when you take delivery of the car. Looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have been looking at the equipment-levels in UK, and it seems my car is all over the place, but mostly in the range between SE and S-line - except for the fact that the climate-controls is only 1-zoned - but it seems to be the norm for some reason in Sweden, as almost no of the A4's I've could find has the 3-zones (which I really wanted).

I will post some pictures tomorrow... [:)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts