UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, another one here from UK-MKVS, sold my Golf Gti Edition 30 and have a new S3 S-Tronic that I picked up on Saturday, it has those LED's that won't switch off!!

Anyway thought I would say hi to you all

Dave

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Welcome along. Two sweet cars there. Whats the difference in driving the two?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi remapped this evening and the most noticeable difference is the lack of wheelspin as the S3 is obviously 4 wheel drive. The Audi feels better in the corners again I suspect the 4WD, and their is a better exhaust note and finally the build quality seems better oh and big grin factor.

Don't get me wrong, the Ed30 was a fantastic car but I think the Audi seems to be more solid in some way!

Anyway, I have only done 300miles but I like it all so far, apart from those LED's at the fron end....still not sure

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
You didnt waste any time with the remap! is she pushing 310 now?

I think those LEDs should be able to be cancelled by the dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know but the Ed30 was remapped and you kind off miss the power, it actually felt pedestrian!! Not know though, although I will be taking it easy for while until there are a few miles on the clock, the ed30 was done at 1500miles with no probs in 3 years and 32000

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dave, haven't had time only had it a few days, will get a couple and post later, just off to work! I am enjoying the drive to work at the mo lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can recommend superchips, they are really good with support and the bluefin method is just so easy and I have to say it will transform your car. Have you used them before?

DSC_0985.JPG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote user="davemk"]

Welcome over. Lovely choice of car. Brand new?

As for the DRLs, I like them.

[/quote]

Yep Brand New, got it last Saturday 10plate, it's done 350miles or so now!!

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
[quote user="daverogers2001"]

I can recommend superchips, they are really good with support and the bluefin method is just so easy and I have to say it will transform your car. Have you used them before?

DSC_0985.JPG

[/quote]

yes, I had a superchips map on my mk5 gt tdi. I agree with what you say about service

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
funny you should ask, I'm just looking at my bank account now !

I think after mid April as that's when I get paid next. This month i have house insurance, car insurance, RFL and also a holiday to pay for so that's my spare pennies gone....best wait me thinks !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]

funny you should ask, I'm just looking at my bank account now !

I think after mid April as that's when I get paid next. This month i have house insurance, car insurance, RFL and also a holiday to pay for so that's my spare pennies gone....best wait me thinks !

[/quote] Fortunately for me I am a bit ahead of the game, I had budgeted very keenly which is why I did mine straight away, not sure what the wife will say about the new motorbike though!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts