UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have only took the one picture since getting it home as its pretty minging from the drive home as the weather has turned shat again.

IMAG1688-1_zpsedd84062.jpg

IMAG1732_zps6b91f37a.jpg

Initial thoughts are its awesome to drive, although I can't get used to not slowing down for speed bumps :lol:

The interior is MINT no marks, or wear on the full leathers, and even the buttons are mint which for an Audi is rare as they usually wear badly. It has a fantastic service history with two new tyres, new pads all round, and rear discs changed for the last MOT at the end of November so it runs sweet as a nut. Also it seems faster than the Bora was as standard so I'm planning on getting it on a dyno at some point to see if its been mapped, but I'm only the 3rd owner. The first one was a woman as a company car, then the old dude I bought it off so I doubt it, but it would be nice to know for insurance purposes.
At the minute my only dislike is the full leather seats, I know that sounds backwards and arsey, but I much prefer 1/2 leathers like I have in the Bora. I'm going to give it a month to see how I get on with them, then if I still feel the same I'll either buy some 1/2 leathers, or find someone with a set that wants to swap me.
As it stands I'm now flat broke so there will be no mods for a month or so, but as a Brucey bonus it came with a private plate that I've had valued at £700, so I'll sell that and buy some coilovers :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simply down to money mate, I can make more from the parts than if I sold it as a whole, I did the same thing with my Mk4 when I bought the Bora.

It's got nearly 200K on the clock and the laquer has started to peel from the rear quarters that lead to the roof up along the rear screen, and the front end is in dyer need of a respray due to the mileage. When you factor this in I can get as much for the engine, turbo, and box as the car is worth as a whole.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Damian

I have just found my first issue with it, the puddle lights in the doors don't work, non of them?

Do they share a fuse with something else as they aren't mentioned on the sticker inside the fuse cover?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It looks great. Those sports wheels are nice.

Id say the bulbs could be gone. They all have the same feed as the door really.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Stevee I quite like the alloys, but I can see them being swapped for a set of staggered 18" AMG alloys at some point once my wallet recovers from the purchase of the car. A set of coilovers and possibly some spacers will help them in the short term though.
I thought about the bulbs as the one in the boot door works, and so do the rest of the interior lights, just not the door lights. Is it a door card off job to change the bulbs, and does anybody know which bulbs they are to save me whipping them out to check?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I would have though they just clip into the door, so the whole light would come out, it seems a bit ridiculous having to remove the door card, have you tried pushing the light fitting one way to see if it will come out, the arrows show to the right in the tt manual

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to have a look at the weekend as I'm on nights until Friday so I have no patience as I'm always tired, but thanks for the heads up.

I would have though they just clip into the door, so the whole light would come out, it seems a bit ridiculous having to remove the door card, have you tried pushing the light fitting one way to see if it will come out, the arrows show to the right in the tt manual

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right even though I'm on the bones of my arse I figured I've got loads of tins of beans in the cupbord, and bread is only a quid so I'll be ok for my dinners at work all month :lol:

I've still not took any pictures as I gave it a good clean on Sunday afternoon, but then we went to Southport on Monday and it's now full of sand inside, and full of bugs, sand, and general shiznit on the outside.
Oh and hound snot on the rear windows thanks to mans best friend aka Bailey
IMAG1751_zpsa8d5e586.jpg

Just a couple of pics of stuff like the heater trim without wear, which doesn't sound that exciting, but it is literally the only one I've seen on my hunt for one of these
IMAG1754_zpsa4bcfd91.jpg

The cup holder which tbh is useless compared to the Mk4/Bora one, so I found a good use for it
IMAG1756_zps47e539ca.jpg

Anyway I purchased a few bits for it today, nothing expensive or exiting, but this helps me keep track of stuff

Sidelights
Xenonsidelights_zps825afc10.jpg

Silver indicators
Silverindicators_zpsbcf11d06.jpg

Main beam, and dipped beam
I got the two packs for £40 from my local motor factors as they didn't have the standard night breakers
IMAG1757_zpsd8852170.jpg

Fogs (you can't get night breakers in H11)
Foglightbulbs_zps30121a8b.jpg

Audi TT black rear view as mine came with a grey one
BlackTTmirror_zps62664c75.jpg

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I had a bit of a bad weekend

Got home from work at 7am Saturday and couldn't get to sleep for ages and I had to get up at 1pm as I had a busy afternoon planned of taking stuff off the Bora. Also I had someone coming round for some bits and for me to have a look over their car and scan it with vag-com as they had just bought it and knew nothing about diesels.

My side light bulbs didn't turn up so I didn't fit my bulbs this weekend as I wanted to do them all at once as you have to remove the light cluster to swap the bulbs out and I can't be arsed doing it twice in a few days.

My TT mirror came Friday so I thought right everything for Gaz is off now so I'll fit that. Took the grey one off, opened up the APC bag and the fecking thing had been pulled off instead of twisted off. Not only was the tab that should be attached to the screen stuck in the mirror base, the bit in the mirror that clips to the base had been broken by pulling it off so I couldn't even use it with my base.
At this point I was as you can imagine rather ticked off due to being tired and having my time and money wasted. Then when putting the old mirror back on I knocked it off the base and as I was angry and tired I just pushed it onto the base which was attached to the screen, and you guessed it I've cracked the screen. It isn't the end of the world as it had a few small stone chips in it so I'll wait a few weeks then claim one through my insurance.

On a brighter note my side light bulbs finally turned up today, and I got a full refund for the TT mirror so I'll order another one. Also my old man has made me a pair of blanking plates so I can delete the pipe form the exhaust manifold to the EGR.
IMAG1822_zpsc0725a63.jpg

Also I noticed some condensation in the passenger side rear cluster, but I can't see any damage so I suspect maybe a bad seal. Does anyone know of a how to for removing the cluster before I wade in blind?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Right my seats from the Bora have sold so my coilover fund has just been replenished after I bought an iPhone with it the other day.

The lad is coming from Sheffield next Sunday for me to fit, and wire them in. I've got a couple of other things I want to order though such as a service kit, and some polyurethane so the suspension might have to wait until payday, but things are finally looking down for the Audi

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No mate looks like I'm going to have to make a how to for it when I get around to it.
I usually take plenty pics when I'm doing stuff, so I should be able to put a few how to threads together as they seem to be few and far between on here.

I'm on my last night shift tonight, then I've got to drive upto Edinburgh Monday afternoon as a favour for my auntie, then I'm back on days Wednesday so I've only got Tuesday off this week so I'll probably not get chance to look at it until next weekend.

I should finally be able to swap all my bulbs over on Tuesday though as it doesn't look like a time consuming job.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right Tuesday I got a bit of time to myself so I set about changing all of my bulbs, bar the fogs as they were that fused i snapped my T20 bit so I've sprayed them with a bucket load of WD40 to soak, and I will try to get them swapped at the weekend if I have time.

Here is a little comparison shot of the standard and night breaker bulbs next to each other
IMAG1847_zps19fd297a.jpg

mmmmmmmm look at those sexy golden bits
IMAG1848_zps3cbbfe34.jpg
IMAG1850_zps97962346.jpg

Right down to the nitty gritty, and before you start if your planning on doing this in front of the car because your lazy and can't be bothered walking all the way to the kitchen table get a nice big piece of cardboard.

There are 4 Torx bolts/screws holding each light unit in place.
There are two on top that are clearly visible
IMAG1834_zps3d16fc42.jpg

One down the left hand side by the radiator hose
IMAG1836_zps734a8160.jpg
IMAG1839_zps6e062e5d.jpg

One down by the power steering reservoir
IMAG1838_zpsd1ef6859.jpg
IMAG1840_zps0558d649.jpg

The two on the top need to come out completely, but the two at the bottom only need to be loosened off.
There is a little plug that holds part of the loom to the unit that you have to pull out also that is on the inside
48ea8387-6fe9-4e87-9024-262db1accd0c_zps

Once this has been done the unit will slide out a few inches to allow better access to the main loom plug.
Once out a few inches you can then get a flat headed screwdriver into the release hole for the loom which needs to be pulled off the unit to fully pull it out
IMAG1851_zps411383bf.jpg

1 - 20 of 604 Posts