UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an ex fleet car up for sale at work.

Spec is as follows

2005 (05) 2.0 TDI (140) A3 TDI S-Line DSG
Cruise
Bose with Single Shot CD Player
18" RS6 wheels
Flat black paint
1/2 leather seat which are heated in the front
dual Zone climate
ipod cable
87000 miles and a full service history and 4 brand new Michelin Sport2 Tyres
It cost over 26K when new

The bad things

It will need a dent doing on the wing as it is 2" long
All wheels need a refurb - they are particularly bad, possibly need replacing
It needs a new drive side door card as it has split ont he arm rest
It needs a new driver side door handle
The aluminium trim on the passenger door needs replacing

IT has had work done to it, as it had a slight shunt on the front (nothing major - bonnet, bumper and 2 headlights) and someone keyed it when it was a week old right down one side.

It is up for auction at work with a starting price of £ 4600.00 and I cant see many going for it as everyone seems to buy the skodas with 120K on them for £ 2800.00

what do you think, should I have a punt or not.

I am worried about he DSG box giving up and being stuck with a scrapper. However I could buy it (say 5K) and get the work done (wheels £ 300- wing £ 200 handle £ 100 and try and pick up new door cards from a scrapper) I could either run it for a year and then trade it in with it not costing me a penny or just move it on as they seem to fetch a few quid more than it will have cost me.

Anyone got any suggestions, anyone running a high miler with a DSG box ?

All comments appreciated

Lee

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Signed up....good man. Thought I'd reply over here as it's more appropriate and it helps to build the site [Y]. I know where you're from with the dsg box but an independant wouldn't charge those rates you posted on ukmkivs IF it failed. Have a search for dsg issues. I seem to remember a problem with a few cars and "control unit" rings a bell.....it might be that they put an newer, revised unit in. Personally, I wouldn't let it put me off what could be a bargain. Keep it for a while then trade it in if the dsg doesn't suit you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Dave

I suppose I could always sell the Wifes Mk4 GTI and keep the Audi once I have brought it back up to scratch with the little jobs that need doing.

However I think with the replies I am getting it might be worth more to just move it on and make a few quid to put towards a minter (when I find one) and chopping in the golf.

I am really after a diesel for the wife as she does a few miles and the golf costs a bomb in Petrol.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
IMHO, the "whether to keep it or trade it" can only really be answered once you've owned it a while. It's good that you have options for the future though. I'd definitely go for it at the prices you've mentioned.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmm its a tough decision

The other car is a golf with 57K on it (1.8T GTi) and its pretty mint to be honest and is currently costing us nothing other than fuel, tax etc.

I suppose I need to see the car in the flesh to make my mind up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts