UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Does anyone know if the radio, buttons, dials etc, can be changed from the left one to look like the right one?

Because i really want the option to put the DD satnav in and it doesn't look like there's any space in the left one. Sorry i cant figure out when or on what models the double din stereo is in, seems to be random to me.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
i am sure i have seen this before on another forum roman, will have a look,but i am sure the heater panel could be lowered enough for a double din headunit to be installed

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
If you mean everything, ie the heater controls as well, then technically yes but it's a lot of work to convert it.

If you mean just the radio changed to RNS sat nav, yes it can be done. Like Dave says, I think the heater controls are just moved down AFAIK.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys, there are single din radios with the digital AC controls so that would make it easier to change and just move them down. Just going to have to keep an eye out for one with the double din one. But I'm glad i can change it just in case a really nice A3 comes along with a single din.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts