UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, is a Quattro worth the extra premium over a FWD A3?

The reason I ask is I have never owned a 4WD but always liked the idea of getting one (not that I really need one).

What is different when it comes to servicing them too?

Thanks..

·
Registered
607 Posts
haldex service is pretty pricey from what i have read, i drove a 4wd tt and tbh the power is there but feels so much less compared to fwd and my a3 and his tt are pretty much side by side on accelleration so would expect them to feel the same inside!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
i like the quattro it feels more planted obviously than 2wd but only got mine because it was there at right price at right time,the traction from the lights is good stuff but with extra weight think mine and a non4wd would be evenly matched

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I think it all depends what you want the car for. I like power to overtake but not into 0-60 sprints. Thats what quattro is good for. Aswell as a more planted feeling in the corners, but both will naturally understeer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i am a new member

I have owned at least 3 Audi Quattro's so I have to say that once you have forget how you used to drive, and drive the Quattro way (BELIEVE ME THIS IS FACT)

You will always know that when it's raining or snowing etc you are driving safely and confidently,

Due to my circumstances changing some years age (X WIFE) i downs size my car, and to this day I can't wait until I have another QUATTRO <o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would say yes it is, 100%, ever since my Cossie 4x4 years ago I have luved 4WD.

As a car salesman I drive countless different cars each day, most things with a decent amount of power and FWD struggle at times for traction if you boot them or come out of roundabouts quick, especially in the wet, so it is a pleasure to get into my car and drive home.

I am currently looking out for a specced A3 TDi Quattro, which once re-mapped I am sure will be great fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts