9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just after some advice to a question,
the misses moans about reversing in the my car saying the wing mirrors
are to small, can the computer get reprogamed to tilt the wing mirrors
down once reverse is s elected?
I've got a a3 sportsback if that helps?
All the best Gary

ps sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, please move if it is.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Hi Diesel head, some of the members on the tt forum have been looking at the same thing, up to now nobody has come up with a fix yet, i will let you know when someone gets its worked out,if they ever do

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
I found something about this recently showing that it could be done with VCDS. General findings were that it didn't work though - it might need memory seats to do it. I'll try to find the info for you though.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Apparently, it tilts the wing mirrors down to see the curb whilst you're reversing. Have to be honest, I'd rather they didn't but some of you might like it to protect your wheels. It's from an A5 forum so I don't know if it'll work on any other Audi (or even whether it works at all). Here you go, anyway:

The coding is:

Module 52: Door Elect, Pass.: Byte 4
Value 40, change to 4C (non-folding mirrors mounted)
Value 50, change to 5C (folding mirrors mounted)

Taken from: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthrea...22565d2f6a&

Ooh my 2000th post and a constructive post at that (about time too!).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Davemk, cheers dude, will have a look over the week end,
are you saying it will only tilt the complete mirror?
Or just the glass?
Cheers Gary

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
It tilts the mirror on the A5 as far as I know. That's what the coding is for although you don't need the memory seats to enable it on the A5, unlike the A3.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Dave we will be the judge of how useful your posts have been,but yeah your normally very helpful

·
Registered
902 Posts
Dave - have you come across anything on your forum travels to solve this...

VW Touareg .:R50 - make the wing mirrors fold out with remote (when car is unlocked) and fold in with remote (when car is locked)

Just on the off chance!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Sorry Ben, I've not seen anything on that. If it's fitted with folding mirrors then I'd presume it's possible. Have you had a look to see if there's an option for that in VCDS?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah, I've had a right old fiddle. It's just a favour for a friend. My cousin's 2002 Pug 307 does it so surely this top-of-the-range VW does?!

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Got to be a simple one. You could try PMing Imagewerx on uk-mkivs - he's possibly one of the best people to ask.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts