UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ive been offered a 1995 (s reg) a4 (uk spec) its been left on a farm for about 12 months and im trying to get it started and cleaned before i buy it.

i tried jumping starting the car and it started for about 2 mins and i then stopped it when i went to start it again the imobiliser light comes on and the car starts for 2 seconds then stops, ive looked on the net and tried various methods for fixing this ( i only have 1 key and its the original).

i think the imobiliser and/or key needs reprogramming and as the car isnt moted or taxed and i dont want to buy it till its running is there any other way i can reprogram the above with out going to a main dealer, can i use some software (vag etc) that i can do my self or could a mobile diagnostic guy do this.

thanks and any more info needed please just ask

ben

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
It could be a fault with immobiliser or just needs reprogramming. Try disconnecting the battery for 10mins And connect again and see if it clears the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would the battery cas an imobbiliser problem as im jumping the car to get it started.

the bat has been disconnected for about a day and the above is used

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts