UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....terrified in fact!

I've never really given much thought to the household outgoings but needed to work out how much we were spending on pensions. Because I've paid into a pension since I was 21, I've never really noticed how much I was paying. By that, I mean that I knew the cost but never actually thought about it, if that makes sense? Then I calculated the wife's pension which is taken at source so, again, we'd not really thought about amount too much.I was shocked at the total!

So then I started looking at other outgoings - food, gas, electric, fuel, car insurances, car tax, home insurance...... it really is staggering at how it all mounts up. Take the phones as an example, my mobile is £25 per month. Nothing really. Then look at that over 12 months and it's £300. Add that to the landline and internet and we're at £800.

Food is a huge outlay for a household. I'd estimate that we spend £400 per month on groceries. That's £4800 per year!!!! [:O] That doesn't even take into consideration eating out, take aways etc.

Anyway, what I'm getting round to is if anyone would like to send me some cash.........[clap]

No but seriously, have a look at your outgoings - you'll be shocked I think.

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I'll start with my mortgage, pension, council tax, gas, electric, water and insurance against unemployment, death etc. So not car insurance, nor house, nor phones /Internet, gym, road fund, petrol, food or holidays. Nett spend = c19500 pa. Add in the " nots " which are another "x" and how the hell do I do anything at all ???

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scary stuff isn't it? The thing is, mortgage is going to be a lot of money, that's a given. Plus your house (fingers crossed) will be increasing in value so the outlay becomes "acceptable".

What really frightened me was the little bills that add up, the things where you seem to get nothing in return, the small amounts of money that disappear from your account without you giving it much thought.

I'm getting my begging bowl out.............got a busy weekend ahead of me. [:D]

·
Registered
21 Posts
during a quiet moment in work, we figured how much you pay on insurance is just ridiculous! in our house hold we have.

House, 2x car, health, phone, AA(kind of insurance I fIgure), British Gas boiler insurance, travel, probably a couple more I cant think of.

I'm gonna have to claim more! I try and never claim anything

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow Matt, playing it safe with all that insurance! You sure you don't need to insure the insurance? [;)]

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I saved on insurance this year,and phone bill & cancelled the gym (because of the back) and it worked out about £1000 a year better off and do you know how much difference its made to my financial state ? the answer is none! because there is always somewhere else you spend it without knowing its ridiculous,i have saved that and still cant think of that amount of money spending has done to me,no big holiday,no big spending on the car,no plastic surgery or a new set of bins so when i smile i look like something from a american film

1 - 8 of 8 Posts