UK Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
It seems like you got an injection timing problem . I use to have same problem on my mkiv ... i can be wrong wait and see what other fellow membershave to say.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont know if these have tandom pumps on as seen posts that snapped spings can cause this.

strange how is stops when air con on..

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I'd say it could be more a temp sender fault, that the ecu doesn't recognize it's cold, mind u then it should take a reading from the fuel temp sensor.......
The Ross-tech site has a how to on idle adjustment

·
Registered
496 Posts
vagcom, engine, securty code 12233, then adpation, channel 06 and the value was 830. i fiddled with it from 820 to 899 and the best but lowest value for my engine was 840.

does having your ac make a diff - as teh torsion timing could be out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes putting the air con on makes it better.

just had a quick look and mines on 819 so going to adjustit in a bit .

found split cv rubber so guess thst the clunk i just started getting.

also theres alot of play in the turbo hose where the small pipe from intercooler conencts to the metal pipe so going make that tighter some how..

also which block is egr adjustment ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a great find i shall go back to my m8s garage and show him that and get hime to redo mine.

how do you chack the timing settings in vag com 704.1 ?

also after changing the egr settings as well ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
see if they can adjust the timing

I had a little shudder from the engine when idle and warm. Adjusted it to 0 and now no shudder. You basically loosen the 3 bolts on the cam sprocket, turn the centre cam bolt clockwise a little to advance the timing, torque up those 3 sprocket bolts (to 25nm I think), re-check etc.

To check the torsion i cant remember properly but its in advance id i think... may have to do security access again :S

But its in te bottom left or right - i should but in one of the 2 threads i posted..

My A3 use to do the same but had it sorted.

Here's the thread on it and theres a vid in there too :D

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/284735/1880448.aspx#1880448

HTH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts